Hi, grammieone11. Welcome to LandzDown Forum.
We will do our best to assist you. However, in order to do so, please follow all instructions provided in the sequence given. Do not install/re-install any programs or run any fixes or scanners that you have not been instructed to use. This may cause conflicts with the tools being used in the cleanup process.
If you have questions regarding any of the instructions or problems running any tools, please let us know.
1. Have you tried Safe Mode with Networking? To do this, turn your computer off and then back on and immediately when you see anything on the screen, start tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter on your keyboard. Windows will now boot into safe mode with networking and prompt you to login as a user.
Next, check Internet Options and make the change indicated below if appropriate. Please start Internet Explorer, and when the program is open, do the following:
-- click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
-- click on the Connections
-- click on the Lan Settings button tab
-- under the Proxy Server section, please uncheck the check box labeled "Use a proxy server for your LAN"
-- press the OK button to close this screen. Then press the OK button to close the Internet Options screen.
2. Without restarting the computer, please download Rkill
by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool. Note: For Windows Vista or Windows 7, please right-click and select "Run As Administrator".
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Do not restart the computer, or you will need to run the application again.
3. If successful with the above, please additionally provide a copy of the logs in the Log Posting Instructions