Hi, Hi, chbq.
From your log, I see you were successful in installing Microsoft Security Essentials. However, McAfee is still active on your computer, which could be part of the problem for it being slow. Having two antivirus solutions can also cause conflicts. If you still wish to continue with Microsoft Security Essentials, please uninstall McAfee. Please follow the instructions at How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)
Following that, let's deal with the leftovers from the original infection and do some additional cleanup.Please follow these instructions carefully.
Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:Link 1Link 2!!! IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your antivirus and anti-malware security applications.
If not disabled, these programs will likely interfere with cleanup process. This can usually be accomplished by a right-click on the icon in the System Tray. Note:
If you are unsure how to disable your security software, see the instructions in this topic at Tech Support Forum: How to disable your security applications
Now, please run ComboFix:
- Note: If infections are found, ComboFix will automatically reboot the machine to complete the removal process. Please ensure all opened windows are closed before proceeding.
- Double-click ComboFix.exe on your desktop and follow the prompts.
- As part of the process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it is strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. The Recovery Console will allow you to start up the computer in a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed on the computer, ComboFix will continue the malware removal procedures.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
- When prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
- After the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
- Click "Yes" to continue scanning for malware.
- When finished, a log will be produced. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.