Hi, sparklig.Update Adobe Reader
You need to update the vulnerable version of Adobe Reader on your computer. Get the latest version of Adobe Reader from http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/ or
Switch to an alternate PDF reader. There are a number of open source readers available from http://pdfreaders.org/
Please download JavaRa
and unzip it to your desktop.
- Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program. (Windows Vista users Right-click JavaRa.exe > Select Run as Administrator)
- Click on Remove Older Versions to remove older versions of Java.
- A logfile will pop up. Please save it to a convenient location.
Then download and install Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 18
Download Link: Java SE Runtime Environment 6u18Note:
UNCHECK any pre-checked toolbar and/or software options presented with the update. They are not part of the software update and are completely optional. Please follow these instructions carefully.
Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:Link 1Link 2!!! IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications.
If not disabled, these programs will likely interfere with cleanup process. This can usually be accomplished by a right-click on the icon in the System Tray. This can usually be accomplished by a right-click on the icon in the System Tray. Note:
If you use AVG, you must also open the AVG 8 Control Center, by right clicking on the AVG 8 icon on task bar as well as the following:
- Click on Tools.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- In the left hand pane, scroll down to "Resident Shield".
- In the main pane, deselect the option to "Enable Resident Shield."
- To re-enable AVG 8, please select "Enable Resident Shield" again.
Now, please run ComboFix:
- Note: If infections are found, ComboFix will automatically reboot the machine to complete the removal process. Please ensure all opened windows are closed before proceeding.
- Double-click ComboFix.exe on your desktop and follow the prompts.
- As part of the process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it is strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. The Recovery Console will allow you to start up the computer in a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed on the computer, ComboFix will continue the malware removal procedures.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
- When prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
- After the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
- Click "Yes" to continue scanning for malware.
- When finished, a log will be produced. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.