Weirdness. (I will never understand the workings of the Net.) :confused:
Same as original post except never get the Can't Find... error message. I don't remember what I did last time that fixed it, but it wasn't Corrine's as I found the other solution before she could respond, but...can't find that one again on Google Search.
Anyway, this time it's one website that refuses to load pages most of the time. Note the most of the time. Either they load right away, I have to click the link a second time, or it just keeps trying to connect forever.
This site had networking issues as of the 6th of this month due to a server attack.
These were all pages that I could connect to with no problem as of last Thursday.
The pages have just as much a problem when using IE as they do using Firefox
** If I go to another computer and try loading at the same time as with the problem computer
, all the pages load up just dandy and pretty darn quick. It is just my computer that is having a problem getting this website to load each time and on time. **
** Other users of the site have commented on social sites that they also have been having many issues with the website since Thursday.**
Had Firefox freeze up on me during a Google Search on website problems. Had to use Scotty to close down Firefox.
Rebooted Firefox and now fine, but that one, single site of many that I visit daily still is having issues.
Emptied Firefox's temp folders and history.
Ran OldTimer Tools (just in case)
Ran the flush.bat file per Corrine's instructions above.
Updated optional updates of 2 (except that the oldest of those two has refused to load since last year. Error code is one of those "I dunno; your guess is good as mine" types from Microsoft that give no help whatsoever.)
Rebooted like a professional shoe maker.
No effect with any of the above.
Clearly the issue is with my comp as the laptop has no problems and also has the same isp provider. Both computers are Windows 7 though one is a Gateway laptop and the other is a HP desktop. I'm assuming the website fixed the networking issue since the laptop loads it okay.
At a complete loss here. All I can think of is that it was a Windows Important Update since I've been avoiding Optional ones until today.
btw the optional driver update that refuses to load on any family computer is:
Intel Corporation - Storage Controller - Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
Download size: 6.9 MB
You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
Update type: Optional
Intel Corporation Storage Controller software update released in September, 2012
Help and Support:
Error code is: 80070103 for that. I gave up trying to install it around Christmas so doubt it's the foundation of the problem.