We're going to be releasing an update for WAR in the next day or so that will make it a full-fledged AntiMalware solution.
I wanted to post a preview release up here sooner, but didn't want to post anything I didn't know was 100% ready for public consumption. Plus, we are moving to a private CDN (Content Delivery Network) to overcome the intermittent latency/DNS look-up issues I'm sure some of you have experienced when visiting out site and using our software.
Oh and the best part about this release is that if you already own WAR, the upgrade is free.
And it still supports all versions of Windows from XP SP3 through the latest version of Windows 10. In fact, the anniversary release of Windows 10 also caused us to delay our release, Microsoft was busy making some interesting changes yet again.
Below are the release notes:
• WAR now detects Malware in addition to Ransomware. Viruses, Trojans, Rats, you name it...
• Removed the need for manual whitelisting
• Added a quarantine and the ability to unquarantine items
• Sped up program discovery
• WAR automatically discovers new programs as soon as they are written to disk
• Fixed various minor bugs, including Allow button not always working properly
• Renamed “Allow” to “Allow Next Time” and “OK” to “Quarantine” on detection prompts
• Changed Version to be visible by default on the Programs page
You can download the pre-release from https://data.winpatrol.com/downloads/winantiransom-setup-2016.10.580.exe