Seeing as how changes have been made since you told me about the download problem via PM, first try following these steps (with one addition) to enable download in Internet Explorer:
1. Under Internet explorer select Tools and then Internet options.
2. Under Security select Internet and click Custom Level.
3. Under Downloads look for File Download and select Enable and click OK.
4. Next, click the Advanced tab and scroll down to the Security section. If there is a check mark next to "Do not save encrypted pages to disk", remove it and then click OK.
5. Restart Internet Explorer and try Adblock Plus again: https://adblockplus.org/en/internet-explorer
If that doesn't work, let's clear temp files. Download TFC
to your desktop
- Open the file and close any other windows.
- It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
- Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean
Once again, restart Internet Explorer and try Adblock Plus again: https://adblockplus.org/en/internet-explorer
If you still
cannot download the file, run Internet Explorer in No Add-on mode and check if the issue persists. To run in No Add-on mode follow the steps below:
a) Click Start, and then type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box.
b) Click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons). Internet Explorer opens without add-ons, toolbars, or plug-ins.
c) Test Internet Explorer to verify that it works correctly.
If the issue is not present in No Add-ons mode, check which particular Add-on is interfering referring to the links provided. Additional information is available here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/internet-explorer-add-ons-frequently-asked-questions
Please me know the results.