Please unban my IP address

Started by DevDream, January 06, 2022, 08:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plodr

I'm speaking as a retired teacher. Apparently it is 5 years later and you haven't learned much about correcting your past methods of posting and sending PMs at forums. (Personally, if I get a PM from someone I don't know, I'd tend to throw it in the trash and not accept future PMs from that person.)

scrooge = a selfish person who is unwilling to give or spend
Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/scrooge

You called Corrine that.  She is a person who gives freely of her time and talent to help forums run smoothly and assist people with computer problems.
It is not a great idea to call ANYONE derogatory names but especially foolhardy to start calling administrators and moderators names.
It isn't humor, it is being critical of someone.

If you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything. Likewise, if you can't think of anything nice to post, don't post anything.
Chugging coffee and computing!

DevDream

Reason I called Corrine that was cos a joke wasn't understood.

I call my friends a scrooge as well. It was done in good fun. I only call ppl names if I like and respect them.

Ig some ppl can be sensitive

DevDream

Am I mistaken, I thought a scrooge meant a sad person ? I didn't think it meant selfish

Corrine

Quote from: DevDream on January 06, 2022, 09:56:26 PM@Corrine I hope you realised it was banter and done in good fun. I'm like that with everyone - perhaps on technical forums, I need to adapt and take a more serious tone?
1.  Although PM's are private messages, you are the one who mentioned that you used that term in reference to me because I had replied that I didn't understand your joke when you were asking why your post was removed.  A thread entitled "Win a treasure chest of £73" and tagging one of the forum Admins is not considered a joke.  Again, because PMs are private, I will not divulge the rest of the unsolicited PMs I received from you.

2. You have already been told by winchester73 that the IP address for switch_gamer will not be restored.

There is no need for further discussion on this issue.  This thread is closed.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.