Internet surveillance alerts

Started by lisa20, November 20, 2023, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR M

Hi, Lisa.

Your system's checked services are OK.

Please do the following:

• Download CrystalDiskInfo from here and save it on your Desktop.
  • Run the installer to install the program.
  • When finished, open the installed program by double clicking on it.
  • If everything is working properly, you should see the status "Good" displayed. Other statuses you might see include "Bad" (which usually indicates a drive that's dead or near death), "Caution" (which indicates a drive that you should most likely be thinking about backing up and replacing), and "Unknown" (which just means that information could not be obtained).
  • Let me know the result. You can take a screenshot and attach the result in your next reply.
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

lisa20

Hello! Sorry, I've been sick and contacted Corrine (Security Garden) directly. It is a hard drive issue--she had me run the same program. I'm going to get computer help from here out or replace my laptop--I'm trying to log onto it until I get a better solution. I think my system is at least five to six years old. Thank you again for all of the assistance!

She responded that "You can order a new hard disk or an SSD. Your current hard disk is SATA /600, Rotation rate 5400 RPM, capacity 1T. If you get one hard disk, these values would be good but NOT lower.  SSDs don't have a rotation rate.

DR M

Hi, Lisa.

You don't have to buy a new computer! You only have to buy a new hard disk or an SSD, as Corrine suggested. SSDs are more expensive but faster. It's up to you. Disks fail, this is not something unusual. And if yours failed 5-6 years after you bought the computer, it exceeded the normal end of life limit.

QuoteSorry, I've been sick

I hope you are feeling better now.
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."