Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Update Discussions

Started by winchester73, May 21, 2014, 07:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR M

There is a confusion about Malwarebytes these days, and I need a clarification if you have one.

The version above is about which Malwarebytes license type? Premium? Free? The lifetime?

If someone downloads Malwarebytes now, the version will be Malwarebytes version 5.1.4.112, and the interference is very different.

Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

winchester73

I'm also confused  🤔

This box has the free version 4 installed ... I haven't used MBAM to scan in a few months.  I just used the internal updater, and I now have v4.5.14.210 and component 1.0.1767.  Both seem quite out of date even though I just updated.  🤨

I doubt the free version is that much slower than a paid version to update to the current version.

Do I uninstall 4 and install the free 5?
Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

winchester73

🤣🤣🤣

After a series of pop-ups in my system tray, and then a restart, I found I now had v4.5.25.256

Ten minutes later, another set of po-ups and restart, and I ended up with v4.6.13.324

So I guess I'm up to date now.  I was even offered a free 14-day trial!
Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

DR M

Winchester, so you just updated the already installed MBAM?

If you go and download it from the site, it will be version 5!
Grecian Geek

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

winchester73

Quote from: DR M on May 09, 2024, 07:58:43 PMWinchester, so you just updated the already installed MBAM?

If you go and download it from the site, it will be version 5!

I've had enough fun (or wasted enough time) for one day 😊

Corrine

Quote from: DR M on May 09, 2024, 07:16:38 PMThe version above is about which Malwarebytes license type? Premium? Free? The lifetime?

It is for all versions.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

DR M

This is the new version of MBAM, the one you download from their site:

You cannot view this attachment.

And it's version 5. That's why I am confused.
Grecian Geek

Corrine

Quote from: winchester73 on May 09, 2024, 07:53:40 PMTen minutes later, another set of po-ups and restart, and I ended up with v4.6.13.324

So I guess I'm up to date now.  I was even offered a free 14-day trial!

I was in the process of replying to DR M and missed your post.  Yes, you're up to date now.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

ron350

I now have version 5.1.4.112.
 What is this new VPN section all about?

Corrine

Hi, Ron. See this article at the Malwarebytes Help Center:  VPN connection status.

ron350

Thanks Corrine, that looks like something I don't need.