Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Update Discussions

Started by winchester73, May 21, 2014, 07:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plodr

I hope it helps. I can't run the support tool because 3 of the 4 Windows 7 computers don't have NET 4 and I was unwilling to install it.

I did find this when someone complained about the notification of updates in the free version.
QuoteIf you right click on the MB system tray icon, you will see "Start with Windows" with a check mark next to it. Click it to remove the check then click quit Malwarebytes.
That should stop the popups. If you scan, you do have to remember to turn MBAM off again.

Since last night (after 11 pm) one of my computers keeps telling me there is a new version waiting to be installed.
I was just at the forum and haven't seen anything about it so I'm holding off installing until I find out what version and if there are problems. So as of now, I have an annoying popup on my laptop! All the computers have v 4.4.4 from the end of July.
Chugging coffee and computing!

plodr

False alarm. User error!  It turns out I did not update my laptop; even though my notes indicated all were up to date. It was still running 4.4.3. I don't know how I missed that one. I usually update my two before tackling my husband's two computers. His are up to date and so was my desktop.

darksurfer

I've set my Malwarebytes to default and it still show network error even when I'm not online. This is very frustrating and I wonder if I my time with Malwarebytes may be coming to an end.  ::) :-\ ???

Digerati

Try uninstalling it, rebooting, then installing it again.
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
2007 - 2018

MikeW

Can I suggest you visit the MB forum and seek help there. I am sure they will sort it out for you.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/41-malwarebytes-for-windows-support-forum/
Win 11 Home MS Edge - WD - Mbam Pro

darksurfer

The forum's advice is to try the so-called repair tool. I did disable all uprating items on Malwarebytes--automatic and otherwise. Maybe that's the problem. The repair tool reinstalled Malwarebytes. Let's see if these things help. :-\

Pete!

After the update to 4.5.2 (Premium), the MalwareBytes icon stopped showing up in my Windows 10 Taskbar "Hidden Icons". I checked the settings today, Under "Security ... Windows Startup" the option to launch when Windows starts had reverted to OFF.

I changed it back, and all is well.

Since there was a Windows update at about the same time period, I'm not going to speculate on what caused the change.

plodr

I don't run Windows 10. I manually updated our four Windows 7 computers about a week ago and I did not experience what you did Pete. The icon shows and MBAM starts on all 4 computers at startup.

plodr

I have to say I'm surprised. I just checked when I saw this posted about an hour ago and MBAM is up to date without me doing a thing.

plodr

Did you forget a one?
My version is way above what you posted. 4.5.10.200
My component package, not shown below is also different 1.0.1709.
And this is 1/2 hour after you posted.

Corrine

Malwarebytes verson 4.5.10.200 component package 1.0.1702 was released on June 15 (Malwarebytes 4.5) and that post has been deleted.  Only the most recent update is kept for security programs.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

plodr

I'm confused...21 hours ago, MBAM announced the same version I'm running and the same version announced on June 15th, as a new version of the June 15th version.  I'm not sure where you are finding this version 4.5.0.152. Ahha, I found it. It was December 13,  2021.
See the first post https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/281762-malwarebytes-45

Malwarebytes should be a 4.5.10.200

Corrine

Aside from not having had enough coffee, all I can figure out is that I accidentally scrolled up the page and copied the wrong post.  Then, when checking the post I had deleted, it had theJune 15th version/components package.  Anyway, the post has been updated to the correct link.  Note that it is an update to the earlier released version/components package.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

plodr

Malwarebytes is 4.6.13.324 component package is 1.02333.
This is on 2 of our 4 computers, I've checked.

Corrine

Thanks. I was in a hurry (again) and went to the first post in the thread instead of the update.  I've corrected it now.