Remove bold

Started by plodr, July 17, 2022, 03:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plodr

I'm not sure this is possible but can the bold be removed from the pinned topics? Most sites have unread posts in bold. I see all these bold topics and think I haven't read them. My attention is pointing to things that are old.
You cannot view this attachment.
Chugging coffee and computing!

winchester73

This is the way your post appears just now ... all yellow background You cannot view this attachment.

... or is that not what you are talking about?

The yellow highlighting seems to be visible on any post you directly click on.
Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

SpyDie

I guess the issue is actually that the forum thinks you've not read them, thus, marks them bold?
Beta. Software undergoes beta testing shortly before it's released. Beta is Latin for 'still doesn't work.'

Corrine

Unfortunately, it appears to be a "feature" of the SMF forum software update.  Even when marking post read and also reading a pinned post, the subject remains in bold.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Corrine

A couple of other things:

1.  To avoid the "bold" topics, consider expanding the "LandzDown Forum - Info Center" at the bottom of the forum home page.  From there, you'll see a list of the latest posts.

2.  The software update resulted in the time zone defaulting to Greenwich.  To change it to your time zone, click on your username at the forum and select "Look and Layout" to select the correct time zone from the drop-down menu.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.