Mysterious PluginModule file appeared on desktop

Started by pastywhitegurl, July 01, 2022, 09:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pastywhitegurl

I happy to leave it there with functions turned off.  Its all good.    So happy with the performance improvements. :)

Task Manager says I'm running at about 65% memory usage and  CPU, Disk and Network are idling at 0-3%.   The performance tab says I have 1.2GB available RAM.    I should get my new memory sticks on Monday.   

DR M

Excellent!

I'm glad we could help. 

If you need anything else, you know we are here.   :)
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

pastywhitegurl

My memory sticks came early!

So before I start the installation I want to make sure I'm installing the right sticks.  I'm posting up screenshots of the sticks and of the Specy scan of my memory.  I know several things have to match, but I don't know what any of them mean, so  just want a confirmation these are the sticks compatible with my machine.   

pastywhitegurl

pastywhitegurl

One thing I see is  the sticks are labeled667MHz   

In the Specy scan it says  332.5 MHz

Is that a problem?

DR M

Grecian Geek

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

pastywhitegurl

Good news.   The RAM replacement went smoothly.  Didn't have to removed the CD drive to get to the slots, so just a matter of opening the case, removing the old sticks and replacing the new.  The only tricky part was figuring out that they had to be pressed into their slots hard enough to get the locks to click closed.    Everything fired up normally except there was a notice during the boot that RAM was different.    The screen shot shows what is reported in Task Manager/Processes..  I'm super happy that doubling my RAM was possible when thought it was not.  And, it wouldn't have happened without Dr. M's suggestion that I could while trouble shooting my other problem.  Landzdown rocks!

DR M

Congratulations, PWG!

Glad to see that everything works fine!

The computer recognized the new RAM and accepted it! For sure, you gave it the opportunity to breath better and run your programs smoothly.

And you rock too, as you replaced the RAM your own!  Well done!  :D

Grecian Geek

pastywhitegurl

Thanks!  I am feeling a bit more powerful than usual today. ^_^

And I am looking forward to my next Zoom meeting without the usual buffering lags.

I have updated my Computer Specs link in my signature.  It was fun to type "8GB of RAM".

I did a check with Specy to see if my core temperatures were still good, and its reporting 39C degrees, so I think my hard drive is good for a while and can take my time looking for a new computer.  But I know I need to think about replacing it since it can't update to Windows 11.  I'm going to start a topic to get some advice on what to look for.

DR M

You can continue running with Windows 10 until 2025, when Microsoft will stop supporting this operating system with security updates.

So you have enough time to think about your new computer.  :)
Grecian Geek