Malwarebytes new version 3.8.3 - WAIT

Started by plodr, July 08, 2019, 06:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete!

Quote from: Digerati on July 10, 2019, 04:00:54 PM
QuoteApparently my update went so smoothly, that I forgot about it.
Well that's a good thing! :)
Good for the computer, but ...
At my age "forgetting stuff" could be considered cause for concern  :-[

Digerati

QuoteAt my age "forgetting stuff" could be considered cause for concern
I often feel the same way, but then I forget what for. ;)
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
2007 - 2018

pastywhitegurl

I updated to 3.83 with no issues. The MBAM support board talked about having an  MBAM account in case there were an future issues with update or ownership.

So then I opened an MBAM account and registered my version (that was bought through an Ebay seller) and now I have an account for a lifetime license that is not assigned to any device. There doesn't seem to be a way to connect the software details  to my computer without downloading and  installing it.  So I guess I'll leave well enough alone for now.

Corrine

You should be fine.  The issue was people using a license on multiple devices instead of one.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

plodr

My husband's laptop was finally presented with the new version. I told him to select No for the install because I didn't have time earlier this week to deal with problems. Today, I'll tackle it.

Last night I turned on his desktop to see if it would be offered. It was and I chose to install it. No problem with the install.
Chugging coffee and computing!

plodr

I'm happy to report that MBAM  v 3.8.3 installed with no problems on my husband's laptop. Now all 4 computers are running the latest version. Only 1 computer caused me many headaches - my desktop. The only thing different I did on that one was check for a new version. On the other three, I waited until I got the popup about a new version has been downloaded and is waiting to be installed.

So perhaps in the future, I'll just wait for a popup and not go searching.
Chugging coffee and computing!