Windows 11 won't listen to microphone.

Started by lewmur, December 08, 2022, 05:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewmur

I have two Karaoke app where I can't get the microphone to work in Windows 11.  Work fine in Win 7 and 10 but privacy settings in Window 11 blocks the mic in both apps.  I have enabled "Let desktop apps access your microphone" in the privacy settings but neither of the apps appear in the list.  The apps are "Karafun" and "Just Karaoke" and neither appears in the list of desktop apps.

Corrine

Hopefully, Aryeh's suggestion at SNF will solve the problem.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Paddy

On your computer right click on the volume button on your system tray and look to see if the microphone option is enabled in there you might find other options
You can select from ther ti's is a shot in the dark as I don't have 11 and I'm using my phone to reply to your post..

Paddy..
This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever - Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.

Paddy

Quote from: Corrine on December 08, 2022, 07:10:35 PMHopefully, Aryeh's suggestion at SNF will solve the problem.

Have you a link to the other suggestions corrine it would help to know what been suggested so far also is this a desktop or laptop would also be helpful to know..

Paddy..
This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever - Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.

Corrine

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

MikeW

Your guess is  correct Paddy. when the options open up click the gearwheel at the bottom right and a new screen of options one of which is input devices. Hope this helps
Win 11 Home MS Edge - WD - Mbam Pro

Paddy

Quote from: MikeW on December 08, 2022, 10:28:49 PMYour guess is  correct Paddy. when the options open up click the gearwheel at the bottom right and a new screen of options one of which is input devices. Hope this helps

That's what I was thinking Mike, there are other options in their
they Just might find it there..

Paddy...

Paddy

Corrine

I just approved your account at SNF, Paddy.

Paddy