If you want to kill your time

Started by DR M, February 22, 2018, 02:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR M

Quote from: Ria on August 14, 2018, 05:44:06 PM
Hello.
This is for you DR M. Find the invisible cow.  :) you must turn the volume on.

https://findtheinvisiblecow.com/

Thanks for finding for me tasks I can deal with.
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Ria

You started it! Don't blame us!
Take this one. Every time you click the pink button, you get another...surprise. Enjoy.  :)
https://theuselessweb.com/

DR M

Quote from: Ria on August 18, 2018, 04:25:50 PM
You started it! Don't blame us!
Take this one. Every time you click the pink button, you get another...surprise. Enjoy.  :)
https://theuselessweb.com/

I don't blame you, Ria.

Let's make some pop corn (volume on) or watch the falling guy (scroll up or down the poor guy).   8)

P.S. It's much better to kill your time instead of having your time killing you (Panos).
Grecian Geek

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

DR M

Wiki How has an article about How killing time. I disagree with almost everything. Those ways are about using your time. The only point I agree with them is the following:

Go bother someone. Anyone. Whenever someone asks you to do something, say "Would you like some fries with that?" Annoying to them, but fun for you. Annoying people is the best. Try it! Axe bombs, anyone?

This one must be done with care. Staring at people until they're visibly uncomfortable, while fun, can result in confrontation.

Holding your finger two inches from someone's face while saying, "Not touching you!" is entertaining, but risky when done with strangers. Pick your battles.

This doesn't have to be done in person. You could always Rick roll people online or start trolling. If they have any sense at all, they'll thank you.

What do you think?

Grecian Geek

Corrine

What do you think?
I guess they could be called "killing time" but the "go bother someone" description is a much better fit. :)

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

plodr

I looked at the 2nd list Killing Time by Gaining Knowledge. I don't think Gaining Knowledge is killing time.
When my husband waits for me, he listens to his mp3 player and reads magazines - if they are interesting.
When I wait for him, I read a book loaded on my tablet or answer emails.

Some things are a good use of time but others are just wasting time.
Chugging coffee and computing!

R-C

Hi! Long time no see!
A fun time killer is Seven Little Words
https://www.7littlewords.com/
registered Linux user:476595
May inspiration fill your heart and hands, run down your legs onto your feet and cause Spontaneous Dancing! :dance:

Corrine

Quote from: R-C on January 25, 2020, 02:32:12 AM
Hi! Long time no see!

WOW!  Is it really R-C!  It most definitely has been a long time, a very long time. 

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

plodr

Thanks for the 7 little words site. I prefer words to numbers. Even though I'm a retired math(s) teacher, I do not like Sodoku. To me it seems like more work than fun.
Chugging coffee and computing!

pastywhitegurl

Hey R-C...so great to see your post!  Hope all is well with you guys!