Remembering DieHard

Started by Corrine, April 21, 2008, 11:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrine

We learned today that our long-time friend DieHard passed away a number of months ago.   Emotions are a bit overwhelmed right now so I'll put off my thoughts until later.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

mitch

farewell, friend
this is indeed a black day for all and all that you helped back in the days of aaw ;-(

you will be missed, but not forgotten

mitch

Basementgeek

Very sorry to hear that you lost a friend.

These are words that I have found comfort in.......Don't cry that I am gone.....Smile that I was here.

BG
Time is a thief- One more today here is one less tomorrow

dickw

Very sorry to hear of your friends passing.
I did not know DieHard, but perhaps this verse may help all that did.

When I must leave you

When I must leave you for a little while,
Please do not grieve and shed wild tears
And hug your sorrow to you through the years,
But start out bravely with a gallant smile;
And for my sake and in your my name
Live on and do all things the same,
Feed not your loneliness on empty days,
But fill each waking hour in useful ways.
Reach out your hand in comfort and in cheer
And I in turn will comfort you and hold you near;
And never never be afraid to die,
For I am waiting for you in the sky!

Helen Steiner Rice
Learning each day
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Samuel Johnson" (1709 - 1784)

Coldmoon

He was one of a kind and I will miss him. My sincerest condolences to his family

Mike
Coldmoon over dark water...

skinny51

My heart is saddened by the news.

Belated condolences to the family.

He was one of the first to help me with my son's badly infected box back in the old AAW forum days.

His presence in the community will be missed.

Mark
I'm off to find myself.  If I should show up before I return, keep me here so I'll know where I am!

winchester73

Björn, you were taken from us too soon.  Why is it that the good die young ...   :(

Terrible news, a terrible loss to us all, a great disturbance in the Force.  What a kind and gentle soul you were.  Full of laughter.  Eager to share.  So willing to help anyone and everyone.  Always a calming presence.

"His life was gentle, and the elements
So mix'd in him that Nature might stand up
And say to all the world 'This was a man!'"

William Shakespeare (Jul.Caesar, Act v, Sc.5)

You helped me through some rough patches early on.  You and I were tasked by Jerry with spreading the "good news" on various forums, and it was tough at times.  We were both called some terrible things, me more so.  It was comforting to know I could lean on you.  You were wise with your counsel.

"Oh we never know where life will take us
I know it's just a ride on the wheel
And we never know when death will shake us
And we wonder how it will feel

So goodbye my friend
I know I'll never see you again
But the time together through all the years
Will take away these tears
It's okay now
Goodbye my friend"

(Linda Ronstadt "Goodbye My Friend"; written by Karla Bonoff © 1988 Seagrape Music)

RIP mate.

I hope you run into Pat up there, and you are both at peace.
Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

Vietnam Vet

I am very saddened to hear of this. While I did not know him as well as a lot of you, I read many of his posts on the old Lavasoft forums. May he rest in peace.

Condolences to the family.

Sincerely,
Danny

Corrine

There are so many things I could say about DieHard.

I could tell you that he was a gentleman and how proud he was of the home he built   
Or that one of his favorite actors was Stephen Fry or how he described a near perfect day on the shore.
I could illustrate how brilliant he was with logs and how many people he helped over the many years.
I could tell you about a barbecue for friends with grilled salmon fillets, potatoes and yogurt sauce with caviar to go with it.

All of that I could tell you but nothing, nothing I could tell you could adequately describe this multifaceted man I called friend.

"A chosen family has a flavour of it's own, it is not given, it is hand-picked one member at a time and earned!" (By Goatie)
Bjorn was an important part of the LzD chosen family and is dearly missed.

[/URL]
(Bjorn's horse, Wilma)

MVH,

Corrine

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Skittles

Oh this is terrible news!!!  I am deeply saddened by this!!  I have talked to Björn a few times on the phone.  We had planned to meet up, when we came to Stockholm to get my replacement passport at the Embassy.  All I have seen are pictures of him, his horses, and one of his kids.  AND I mustn't forget his house, a view from space.  We had satellited each other.  I even saw his vehicle and told him to wave out of the window. hehehe  I satellited Graph the same day, and caught him at the McDonald's driveup by his home. lol

Sorry for joking, but when I am stressed I joke.  I am joking and crying at the same time. lol

I actually thought about calling him, just a few days ago, because I had not heard from him in such a long time.

For those who don't know, unless Corrine already mentioned it, his name Björn means bear in swedish.  And he was just that.  A teddy bear.  So gentle and the nicest man you would ever met or talk to.  He taught me a lot of things about computers.  Not to mention about Sweden, and how things were in Sweden at the time we were about to move back here.

I am really going to miss him, and very much regret that we did not get to meet before this tragedy.

We will miss you much Björn, love ya lots!  Good-bye my dear friend.

Rawe

Oh my.   :(

I didn't know Björn, while I did read a lot of his posts here and on LS Support. He was a great guy.

RIP the Northern Berserk.
Hi there, stranger!

pete

Very sad news

My condolences to DieHard's  family and friends

RIP DieHard
Even I'm Amazed At My Stupidity!!!

SpyDie

Quote from: skittlespc on April 22, 2008, 04:15:39 AM
For those who don't know, unless Corrine already mentioned it, his name Björn means bear in swedish.  And he was just that.  A teddy bear.  So gentle and the nicest man you would ever met or talk to.  He taught me a lot of things about

I quite agree.

He was always so polite, even at stressful times, he always took things with a pinch of salt, especially back at Lavasoft. His humour always made me laugh. His gentle ways of approaching things.

RIP. You will be incredibly missed. Condolences to his family. I hope you and Pat are doing well up there   :)
Beta. Software undergoes beta testing shortly before it's released. Beta is Latin for 'still doesn't work.'

roddy32

I am very sorry to hear this. Rest in peace.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006 - 2012

Log'N'Rock Computer Security

hayc59

WOW!!
Björn, I will miss you and thanks for the most
interesting threads that I can remember...had the pleasure
of meeting you in the good lava days...R.I.P.
and God Bless to you and your family!!
Gordon

"The most beautiful flower loses her beauty one day, but a hard faithful friend an eternity"
"Beauty that is not hidden to deepest of my soul can be seen that with eyes of the heart"

'Never Forget'