Daylight Saving Time Arrives Sunday in the States

Started by Corrine, March 10, 2018, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrine

Daylight Savings time ends in the U.S. at 2AM next Sunday, November 6th.  November October 30th is the date for across the pond and, since it is already the 30th there, for a week they'll be an hour closer to us in time. 

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

DR M

You mean October 30th. We are now an hour closer to you.
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Corrine

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Corrine

Although most European countries won't follow until March 26, it is time to "Spring Ahead" in the U.S. tonight.

Currently 19 U.S. states are on permanent daylight savings time.  However, the Sunshine Protection Act, which was unanimously approved by the U.S. Senate last year has been reintroduced to the House of Representatives.  Thus, there is the possibility the U.S. could switch to permanent daylight savings time.

Corrine

therock247uk

Its so strange how the states change there clocks weeks before we do here in the UK!

xrobwx71

Corrine

Quote from: DR M on October 30, 2022, 08:28:18 AMWe are now an hour closer to you.
That hour closer is gone tonight.  It is your turn, Panos, and yours too, therock247uk.

DR M

Grecian Geek

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

therock247uk

Corrine

Daylight Savings Time ends across the pond on October 29, 2023 at 01:00 GMT.  The U.S. follows next week, November 5, 2023.

therock247uk

Corrine

It is almost time to change from standard time to daylight saving time and lose an hour's sleep in the U.S.  Saturday, March 8th ends standard time here. As I'm located in UTC-5, I'll be another hour behind closer to my friends across the pond who won't be turning back their clocks until the last Saturday in March.

therock247uk

I always thought it was strange on how we don;t do our clocks for another few weeks lol.

DR M

Quote from: Corrine on March 07, 2024, 11:03:20 PMIt is almost time to change from standard time to daylight saving time and lose an hour's sleep in the U.S.  Saturday, March 8th ends standard time here. As I'm located in UTC-5, I'll be another hour behind my friends across the pond who won't be turning back their clocks until the last Saturday in March.

Since you will turn your clock an hour ahead, you are going to be an hour closer to your friends across the pond. Right?
Grecian Geek