microsoft.practices.unity.resolutionfailedexception

Started by DR M, December 01, 2021, 05:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR M

I have a problem with my work's computer.

I'm trying to run a work application which it crashes with the following error when trying to do some specific actions:

microsoft.practices.unity.resolutionfailedexception occurred

I don't have the same problem with my home computer.

The IT person thinks that it is a region issue, but I have the same settings on both the computers so I don't think so.

Is it something anyone can help?
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

DR M

Problem is resolved.

Trying to figured out what is going on, I exported an error log from the application.

These lines made me think of languages encoding:

Culture ID 8192 (0x2000) is not a supported culture.
at System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord.GetCultureTableRecord(Int32 cultureId, Boolean useUserOverride)

So, what I did:

I went to the Registry and made some changes.

Specifically, I followed the path:
ΗΚΕΥ_LOCAL_MACHINE  >  SYSTEM  >  CurrentControlSet  >  Control  >  Nls  >  CodePage

And then changed the value data for 1252 and 1254 (Western European) to 1253 (Greek).

After this, no error anymore.

Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Corrine

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.