Thumbs up on the forum design update

Started by pastywhitegurl, July 17, 2022, 09:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pastywhitegurl

Nice update. The whole page looks cleaner, and its nice to have a larger font size in the topics.

MikeW

I find quite the opposite pages a washed out colour and lacking contrast
Win 11 Home MS Edge - WD - Mbam Pro

xrobwx71

v_v

Where am I?  Is this the "Twilight Zone".  I thought I was going to LandzDown!  (Smile)

v_v
Justice, Equity, and Meaningful, Productive, and Fulfilling Lives to All Earthlings

Corrine

Quote from: MikeW on July 18, 2022, 06:17:06 AMI find quite the opposite pages a washed out colour and lacking contrast
I tend to agree with you, Mike.  Unfortunately, our options are limited and the free themes I've found are actually rather ugly.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

MikeW

Hi Corrine

Is there a dark mode. or could you download some of the free ones as options for members to choose
Regards

Mike

Corrine

Hi, Mike.  I did find a dark mode theme that has had good reviews.  I'll provide the information to the other Admins to see what they think.  Note, however, that if it is agreed to install it, SpyDie is very busy so it may be a while before it can be done.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

DR M

I'm not getting notifications from watched topics.

Also I have this on the menu above the reply area:

Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

MikeW

Thanks Corrine.
No rush, just nice to have some options

Corrine

Quote from: DR M on July 19, 2022, 06:25:04 PMI'm not getting notifications from watched topics.

Also I have this on the menu above the reply area:

Due to the software update, I believe previous notifications settings were lost.  Merely click on your name at the top of the forum and select "Notifications".  From there you can set your preferences.

As to what you're seeing above the reply area, it is the limited emoji's included with the SMF update. With Windows 10 and Windows 11, it is easy to add an emoji to a post with the shortcut.  Just press the Windows key and the period button.   

DR M

I re-set the Notifications in my Profile. Thank you.

As to the emojis, perhaps they shouldn't be there if they are shown like that. It's not nice to see those "broken" images of them. Of course, I don't know if there is a way to remove them.
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Corrine

Quote from: MikeW on July 19, 2022, 12:33:34 PMHi Corrine

Is there a dark mode. or could you download some of the free ones as options for members to choose
Regards

Mike

Although not ideal, there is now a dark mode theme!  See the instructions at https://www.landzdown.com/index.php?topic=59331.msg206420#msg206420 to use the theme.

Dude111

oops sorry.......

Any chance of adding a classic curve theme Corrine??

It looks nice but doesnt look well on older browsers....