MBAM Clean.exe

Started by Corrine, March 25, 2014, 07:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrine

To solve problems with Malwalrebytes Anti-Malware, sometimes it is necessary to completely remove the program and start over.  Note:  If you have a licensed version of Malwarebytes, be sure to have your ID and Code handy to copy/paste into "My Account" after reinstalling Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version

You can also look up your ID and Key from the Registry and copy and paste it to a Notepad document before running the mbam-clean utility.
      [indent=1]Location for Windows x86
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      Location for Windows x64
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware[/indent]

• Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.  You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

LilBambi

Thanks Corrine!  :mitch:
Bambi
AKA Fran
Jim-Fran.com

Corrine

You're welcome.  I posted this here for someone I was helping in the WinPatrol Facebook Group.  It was much easier and cleaner than trying to put it in FB.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

LilBambi

Bambi
AKA Fran
Jim-Fran.com

Corrine

I've yet to redo my instructions for MBAM verson 2 with the changed GUI, renamed scans, procedure for getting a log . . .

Basil

Quote from: Corrine on March 26, 2014, 01:27:41 AM
I posted this here for someone I was helping in the WinPatrol Facebook Group.  It was much easier and cleaner than trying to put it in FB.

Ahh!...I was wondering about that....Now it makes perfect sense... :lol:

I guess it would be a nightmare trying to post that in FB.....not as concise as this, anyway! ...

By the way, the only thing I have missed since deleting my FB account, is the WinPatrol discussions and comments ... :(

Corrine

You missed quite the discussion yesterday, Basil.  The person asking for help uses both WinPatrol PLUS and Malwarebytes Pro (now called Premium).  Good questions and lots of information shared. 

Basil

Hmmm !!!
Yes, I must admit this is the only thing I miss. Discussions of this kind, with people like your good self.
However,  this represents a tiny percentage of FB activity. For me, most of the rest is uninteresting and annoying to the extreme (to put it very mildly).... :exorcize:... :smash:

Is it worth maintaining an account just for this?

I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted.....I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted.....I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted....I will not be tempted.....I will not be tempted.... :hysterical:.. :hysterical:.. :hysterical:

LilBambi

No Facebook here either Basil.

Just don't go there anymore and when I read new news on Facebook and/or Zuckerberg acquisitions, etc., I am so glad I cut the cord.

Feels so good!

:dance:
Bambi
AKA Fran
Jim-Fran.com