Asking for help about converting an audio file in .wma to MP3

Started by LindaEllis, January 29, 2016, 12:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LindaEllis

I have a song on a CD saved as .wma, and I saved(ripped it to) onto my hard drive.  I would like to be able to convert hard drive file from .wma to MP3.  I would like to share the song with others if possible.  I am using Windows 7 64 bit computer. 

So, thanking you in advance for help! 

Ghost

An idea.
Find the song at Youtube then go here and convert it to MP3:
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
or here
http://www.video2mp3.net/en/index.php
I use the first link the most.
Save the file to wherever and then burn it or send it by email.
Ghost

plodr

I've used Pazera's converters/extractors for years. They are small and do not get installed. You just click on the exe to run it.
This is the one you want
http://www.pazera-software.com/products/wma-to-mp3/
Chugging coffee and computing!

LindaEllis

Hi Plodr and Ghost,

Thank you both for replying.  Thanks Plodr for the link to Pazera which I never heard of before. 

Ghost, my song is not to be found on Youtube.  It is on a CD. 

I have also heard about Real Player I believe the name is, but I wasn't sure if I should install it on my computer or not.  So any thoughts on Real Player? 

Thank you. 

Ghost

QuoteGhost, my song is not to be found on Youtube.  It is on a CD. 
Did you do a search at Youtube to see if that song is there;-).
In the past i have found a single song i liked on a CD at Youtube and converted it to MP3 using either link i provided.

LindaEllis

Hi Ghost,

Yes I did search.  I actually just got the CD in from a friend, and the song was locally recorded many years ago and has not been in circulation for many years.  But, yes I checked Youtube. 

plodr

I've steered clear of Real Player for years.
If I want to play audio or video, I use Videolan, VLC, for short. It includes all the codecs and most everything plays except for BluRay disks.

LindaEllis

Hi Plodr,

Thank you very much for your input on Real Player.

Ghost

Thanks plodr for the link to Pazera. I tried it on my Windows 7 and wow is that ever great. Im leaving it installed to use later this upcoming week.
Never liked Real Player and always installed a different audio/video player on whatever system i was using.
VLC is great and so is Banshee which i use on my Linux systems.

plodr

Glad you liked Pazera, Ghost. I've been using his small, FREE, no install converters and extractors since Windows 2000.

LindaEllis

Hi everyone.  Thanks everyone here who tried to help.  I ended up going on my Google Drive and try my hand at doing a convert there that I saw offered from the .wma to the .mp3 and it worked!  I had three choices I remember for settings of standard, good and best, and I tried all of them but didn't notice much for difference except that the best setting meant a larger file?  I see that .mp3 file is larger in size than the same song in .wma.  So, for now for how little I'll be doing this, I'll stay with the Google because I don't have to install anything on my computer.