Folding@home team?

Started by Aaron Hulett, April 12, 2020, 05:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Hulett

Quote from: xrobwx71 on May 22, 2020, 08:59:07 PM
Is this the same version that added COVID19 to the choosable list? I am on 7.6.13 but I got it weeks ago. Should I re-install it?
Not sure when they added that to the list (I didn't even know it was there). But if you're on 7.6.13, that I do believe is the current one, and no need to reinstall.

xrobwx71

I have a couple of computers, one at work and one at home that dual boot Linux. I have both Linux distros also running when I'm booted there.  The goal is to have a little downtime as possible.

xrobwx71

Ok! I added another computer dedicated for Folding only. It's my old gaming system I gutted the giant case and put it one of those open air test bench things. Looks like crap but it's folding. i7 980X 6 core, GTX 970.

Another thing I use is https://www.evga.com/precisionx1/ software to raise my fan speeds on my Vid cards. It works very well. 

xrobwx71

Corrine

That's great!  I just updated the thread at Sysnative.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

xrobwx71

xrobwx71

I'm moving my main PC to the RTX 3080 when it releases. I'll move the 2 1080's I have now into the unit in the pic above so we should be crunching some slightly better numbers with that.
Then again, the 3080 may not perform better with Folding, but I think it will.

Corrine, can you merge my 2 posts above? I didn't mean to double post. I simply got excited talking about the RTX 3080  ;D

xrobwx71