Hmmm whats causing this??

Started by Dude111, April 13, 2024, 05:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude111

Im hoping someone might know what exactly is causing this......

On several of my main shell windows,the size of it goes to far to the right,look at my example here and see how the right side is too wide...

The first time this happend I just deleted the shelliconcache but this time it didnt work.... Its been like this for about 3 years and im curious if someone might know??

This is Win98se in case ya dont realise........ Im just wondering if I could fix it somehow??

Some of my other menus are not the right size either..... Ill show one of my WMP menus also........ (Those are too wide (The text itself))

I feel terrible,this poor computer was abused by the people we got it from in 2001 (I think it was around there (I am just grateful 98se was on here (My favourite OS))) I have brought her back quite alot but she still is having some problems which I hope someone here may be able to help me with

Muchos Gracious!!

xrobwx71

It's been so long since I used Win98. It looks like a scaling problem.

Change it to 1027x768 with a 4:3 ratio if you can.

Dude111

Ya I could try to change the resolution and see what happens........

Dude111

Nope it didnt have any efect....I changed from 800x600 to 640x840 but it didnt change the text in the boxs... (It was still too wide on the WMP one for example)

Its very strange...

Corrine

You just might want to consider that since Windows 98SE was released in 1999, reached end of support on June 30, 2002 and you've had it since 2001 that you're lucky it still boots up.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Dude111

Thank you Corrine.yes I am grateful :)

I love 98se alot....I wonder if replacing my shell32.dll file might work?

Just trying to think of ways I might be able to fix this........