LandzDown: A Global Community!

Started by Corrine, July 23, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrine

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

sjb007

Well I guess I had better introduce myself!  :lol:

Regarding my nick - originally I had wanted to use a different one but it was in use (although I no longer remember what that was) so I had to think of one at the spur of a moment. The JB007 part refers to James Bond 007 and the S is my initial (Steve). In the past I have been a malware fighter, originally trained at castlecops until its demise then I went to another known security forum to make it my home. I got drawn to LDZ by Corrine whom I have known in the forum for what I think must be around 5 years or more now.

I stopped malware fighting around 2 years back and instead I now play a part in a voluntary role with St John Ambulance as an Advanced First Aider providing medical cover at public events. I am also the events co-ordinator for our area which means it is up to me to keep an eye on events planning then find and allocate manpower to them.

In my spare time I work a 40 hour week as quality inspection at a forge/engineering company and any remaining hours left is spent with my family   :flowers:

Oh and I do have a good sense of humour :muahaha:

Thank you!

MikeW

Hi Steve, we are near neighbours I'm from Bedfordshire
Win 11 Home MS Edge - WD - Mbam Pro

Corrine

At least 5 years, Steve.  I was at CC back in those days too, although we may not have run into each other there.  (Every time you post at Sysnative, I think, to myself, "Who is that?  I know who it is." and then realize its you.  I doubt I'll ever get used to the name you use there.)

One thing you neglected to mention is that you have a very pretty daughter.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

sjb007

Hi Mike  :hallo:

I must admit Bedfordshire is one place I have never been, although I have passed through it via the M1 a few times!

@Corrine, thanks for your comments. It was a shame to see CC go. At the time, as well as my training there I was also very active on the SIRT team which was very interesting! I met some very fine and knowledgeable people there.

QuoteOne thing you neglected to mention is that you have a very pretty daughter.

Thanks you. My daughter is the light of my life.

Corrine

Very understandable why she is, Steve!

Metallica

My real name is Pieter Arntz and I'm from the Netherlands.
I have worked and lived in Germany and the UK (both a little bit under a year) but mostly near Rotterdam.
My actual job is transport planner and security advisor for the transport of dangerous goods.
I now do that part time and work the other half for Malwarebytes.

I was trying to self educate me in programming and when I got stuck I asked a question on a Dutch forum. While waiting for an answer, I started answering other peoples questions. On that same forum I ran into TonyK who had already made a name for himself at Wilders and SpywareInfo. And I followed him there.
After a while they grew so tired of my questions that they made me an expert at SWI and an Administrator at Wilders.  :angel:

Corrine

You left out one important thing about yourself, Pieter -- that you can be bribed with chocolate.  :lol: 

Metallica

Quote from: Corrine on March 13, 2015, 06:33:05 PM
You left out one important thing about yourself, Pieter -- that you can be bribed with chocolate.  :lol:

I expect everyone to know that. :)

Deborah

My grandparents, on both sides, were imports from Thessaloniki.

Corrine

Sweet!  That makes three members with connections to Greece.

It looks like a beautiful place:  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=thessaloniki&go=Submit+Query&qs=bs&form=QBILPG

Deborah

'tis a beautiful place  :dance:  My family came to this country through New York circa 1910.  They wound up in Minneapolis on my mother's side and in Chicago, on my father's. 

Pierre75

Well, I was born in Amsterdam (1940), parents migrated to Australia in 1951. I speak, read, write (a bit rusty) and understand the Dutch language.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE -  DON'T FIX IT

DR M

Quote from: Corrine on May 26, 2015, 10:23:26 PM
Sweet!  That makes three members with connections to Greece.

It looks like a beautiful place:  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=thessaloniki&go=Submit+Query&qs=bs&form=QBILPG

I just saw that Deborah has Greek roots.  :)
Corrine, the happy dance icon, please!  Have you got a sirtaki dance icon too?  ;)
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Deborah