firefox view

Started by mary3444, November 02, 2022, 10:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary3444

Hi everyone, just me who knows nothing about the computer. I have Windows 10 & Firefox. Yesterday hubby was on & he knows less then me. Something came up & it said firefox view, sync firefox on your phone or tablet. I don't know what he hit or did but now I keep getting it to show up stating it is 33% downloaded. I have tried for 2 days now & can't find out how to remove this so it does not show up again. Everytime it comes up he gets mad even though he did something. Don't want this as we do not have a cell phone or anything else for that matter.
Thanks for the help & I hope I explained it enough
Mary

Corrine

Hi, Mary.

I believe what may be happening is that Firefox sync is attempting to locate a second device to sync your bookmarks, history and other account information to but isn't locating the second device.

I no longer use Firefox but did locate instructions for disabling sync which will hopefully solve the issue.  At Disable Firefox Sync, scroll down to the section entitled "Disable Sync for previously synced devices" and follow the instructions there, being sure to uncheck each box.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

mary3444

Hi Corrine,
I did go to sync but did not see anything about Disable sync for previously synced devices. The only things market were bookmarks, history, open tabs, logins & passwords, add-ons & settings. Not sure what some of these are for but did not think any were my problem.

I have not seen it come up today so maybe somehow I did fix the problem but I doubt it.

As always I want to thank you & this site for all the help. It is very hard to understand what they are saying to do when you don't know a thing about the computer.

Hope everyone on here has a great Thanksgiving.

Corrine

Fingers crossed🤞that the sync issue is over with.

I'm glad you're comfortable coming here with questions.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Mary.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.