Fun/Heart-warming Stories

Started by Corrine, January 13, 2015, 11:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR M

Jazz, a special needs cat, is also a therapy kitty in training, for a therapy program for kids with complex trauma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fQFmBtBMCo

Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

xrobwx71

Ria

Hello.
I'm watching this thread for a long time now. The stories are really heart warming and inspiring. I read some of them many times. I was thinking that most of the time we are searching about such stories somewhere else and forget that everyone of us, in our families, in our environment we have at least an example of someone who has such a story to tell.
Today I would like to share with you a story from my family, specifically my younger brother. He had a very bad accident exactly  two years ago, he was 28, that left him with a limited mobility and many other serious health problems. He is very vulnerable in infections, next month he has another surgery and at least twice he reached too close to death last year (this is just a two words description).You can understand that our lives changed since then as we are all trying to accept the new reality. Especially for him this is not easy, he is young and he has every right to complain and be desperate.
Well he is not. Yesterday I was with him and my daughter asked how he feels these days. My daughter had some difficulties at school this year and talking with her uncle makes her good.
His answer:
"I'm trying to transform the difficulties into an opportunity. That is how you should see it too. If any difficulty can make me a better person then I'm a winner. Don't let difficulties get over you, keep on. Find one or two people to hold on them and always be a winner not a looser. "

My thoughts: if all were thinking like that, the world would be much better. I'm proud of my brother.

Ria

plodr

Thanks for sharing Ria. Transform your difficulties into opportunities is a good way to think because no one gets through life without encountering difficulties.  What we do with them determines what kind of person we become.
Chugging coffee and computing!

DR M

The story of our life...

It's not always a warming story, but we can make it as such...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ojkAo0G4_s

RIP Robin Williams...
Grecian Geek

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Ria

The video is beautiful and it does motivate. The thing is when you have difficulties to find the courage to remember all these and react brave. Unfortunately Robin Williams didn't make it for the one reason or the other. I hope you, me, everyone can make it when the time comes. That could be a live and true example not just a beautiful video.

DR M

Another one here: This disabled man finds the courage to dance with his soul, not his legs, a Greek dance called zeimbekiko.

Yes, we can beat it.

Some of the song lyrics:

Like a wounded eagle on the ground,
I'm looking for the strength to keep on.

My God, if I knew which day I would die
I would do my death's birthday and beat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcIh6UDQt9s
Grecian Geek

icotonev

By the way Zeibekiko is a dance from Cyprus ...!  :)
Hristo Tonev (Ico)
Member of UNITE 

DR M

Quote from: icotonev on October 18, 2020, 03:10:59 PM
By the way Zeibekiko is a dance from Cyprus ...!  :)

Actually it is a Greek dance, coming from the Asia Minor. Since Cyprus is an independent Greek island, the dance is well known there too.

From Wikipedia: "The Zeibeikiko, as an old dance, is strictly for males. Due to the movements of the dancer, it is sometimes known as the "eagle dance". The dance has no set steps, only certain figures and a circular movement. It takes place in an area little surpassing one square meter and mostly consists of improvised movements."

Have you been in Greece or Cyprus? Your name makes me think of Balkans? :)
Grecian Geek

icotonev

Yes ..I have been to Greece and Cyprus..and otherwise I am from Bulgaria ..!  :)
Hristo Tonev (Ico)
Member of UNITE 

DR M

Quote from: icotonev on October 18, 2020, 05:14:52 PM
Да ..бил съм и в Гърция и в Кипър..а иначе е съм от България ..!  :)

Καλά το κατάλαβα! Εύχομαι να έχεις καλές αναμνήσεις. Δεν πήγα ποτέ στη Βουλγαρία. :)
Grecian Geek

DR M

I don't know if you can translate this page in some a way to see the story of little Leandros. A boy with sight issues, who scored, made his dream true and gave a lesson to all of us!

Scroll down to see the video.

https://anorthosis24.net/2022/04/i-oraia-plevra-tou-podosfairou-o-mikros-leandros-skorare-kai-sygkinise-vinteo/

He scored, he organized the fans and he took the microphone to thank everyone! Wow!

Keep on, Leandros!!!
Grecian Geek

Ria

Every heart warming story needs faith! Without faith everything is cold, empty!
To everyone fighting, have faith!

DR M

Quote from: Ria on July 13, 2020, 09:26:35 AMHello.
I'm watching this thread for a long time now. The stories are really heart warming and inspiring. I read some of them many times. I was thinking that most of the time we are searching about such stories somewhere else and forget that everyone of us, in our families, in our environment we have at least an example of someone who has such a story to tell.
Today I would like to share with you a story from my family, specifically my younger brother. He had a very bad accident exactly  two years ago, he was 28, that left him with a limited mobility and many other serious health problems. He is very vulnerable in infections, next month he has another surgery and at least twice he reached too close to death last year (this is just a two words description).You can understand that our lives changed since then as we are all trying to accept the new reality. Especially for him this is not easy, he is young and he has every right to complain and be desperate.
Well he is not. Yesterday I was with him and my daughter asked how he feels these days. My daughter had some difficulties at school this year and talking with her uncle makes her good.
His answer:
"I'm trying to transform the difficulties into an opportunity. That is how you should see it too. If any difficulty can make me a better person then I'm a winner. Don't let difficulties get over you, keep on. Find one or two people to hold on them and always be a winner not a looser. "

My thoughts: if all were thinking like that, the world would be much better. I'm proud of my brother.

Ria

Well, it's exactly 5 years today.

I don't think that your brother would like you to be proud of him, Ria. For sure, the bad moments during this "trip" were much more than the good ones, like the one you described above. You can count heroes using the fingers of your right hand only, nowadays. 🙂

However, your brother knows, as you know too, that everything in life is a struggle. During this struggle, you fall, you get up, you fall again. If you stay down, game is over. If you get up, you "earn a life" and you move on to the next level. Nobody plays to lose, right? Things become easier if you have someone with you on the road, and I'm sure you do everything to be there for him. I'm also sure that he also tries to be there for you and thank you with his way, but it's not easy, for many reasons.

Having said that, happy anniversary. May God allows many many anniversaries to all. 🎵
Grecian Geek

Ria

Thank you Panos. ❤️