Malwarebytes Version 4 Updates

Started by Corrine, August 08, 2023, 04:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrine

Malwarebytes v4.6.13.324 component package 1.0.2319 released.

From Malwarebytes 4.6:

Features and improvements
  • Minor updates to improve migration to Malwarebytes 5

At this time Malwarebytes 5 is also available directly from our download site.
  • Currently we are doing a slow rollout of Malwarebytes 5 via automatic updates as we are working on improving support for some non-standard licensing use cases before rolling out to a wider audience.
  • Please note that if the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN app is currently installed, the Malwarebytes 5 installer will only install Malwarebytes 4.
  • If you are using both Malwarebytes 4 and Malwarebytes Privacy VPN, and your products are activated with two different subscriptions or license keys, we recommend that you do not install Malwarebytes 5 at this time.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Corrine

Malwarebytes v4.6.13.324 component package 1.0.2333 released.

From Malwarebytes 4.6:

• Security Advisor is now Trusted Advisor
  • Trusted Advisor protection score and dashboard messages
  • Free users can ignore items monitored by Trusted Advisor
  • New background Exosphere
  • Enhanced multi-language support
  • Minor detection improvements

Issues fixed
  • Notification bug for scan new download
  • Notification bug for trial eligibility

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Corrine

Malwarebytes v4.6.13.324 component package 1.0.2342 released.

From Malwarebytes 4.6:

• Minor updates to improve migration to Malwarebytes 5

At this time Malwarebytes 5 is also available directly from our .
  • Currently we are doing a slow rollout of Malwarebytes 5 via automatic updates as we are working on improving support for some non-standard licensing use cases before rolling out to a wider audience.
  • Please note that if the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN app is currently installed, the Malwarebytes 5 installer will only install Malwarebytes 4.
  • If you are using both Malwarebytes 4 and Malwarebytes Privacy VPN, and your products are activated with two different subscriptions or license keys, we recommend that you do not install Malwarebytes 5 at this time.

Pete!

Is a "lifetime license" considered non-standard?
I've been led to believe they're not offered anymore.

I've been hesitating to install version 5 manually because my computer might not be ready until the version 4 updates finish enabling migration.

MikeW

Hi Pete

Existing lifetime licenses are still valid.

I have not upgraded to version 5 because I am not happy with the interface as yet. Hopefully they will listen and allow us that do not need their VPN to remove that from the main page.

Version 4 is still very effective.

Hope this helps

Mike
Win 11 Home MS Edge - WD - Mbam Pro

plodr

I am currently running 4 lifetime licenses on Windows 7 computers. On Friday, version 5 was downloaded, not by me, to one of the computers. I have one computer running v 5 and the other three running v 4. Since I don't care for the interface on v 5 because I see no way to schedule a scan, I'm in no hurry to manually update the 3 other computers. From reading in the past, I seem to recall that v 4 will be supported until sometime in August. I will wait for the update to be fed to me.
Chugging coffee and computing!

Pete!

Thanks for the feedback, perhaps there are other reasons not to rush into it.

I know my license is still good, but I keep seeing words like ..
Quote...we are working on improving support for some non-standard licensing use cases before rolling out to a wider audience.
and wondered if that applied to me.

DR M

Yesterday, I clicked on Check for updates, and the version 5 was downloaded/installed.

Pete!, see here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/301315-malwarebytes-46/#elControls_1619296_menu

Seems that it's the standard procedure for the migration to v. 5.
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Pete!

Quote from: DR M on May 19, 2024, 05:14:47 PMYesterday, I clicked on Check for updates, and the version 5 was downloaded/installed.

Pete!, see here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/301315-malwarebytes-46/#elControls_1619296_menu

Seems that it's the standard procedure for the migration to v. 5.

Thanks, that answers my question.
I guess it's not my turn yet.
I updated yesterday... Still version 4.
Checked for updates moments ago... No updates available.

Considering the other replies to my question, I'm not going to rush it.