SpywareBlaster questions

Started by plodr, November 01, 2020, 04:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plodr

I just did the Oct 31st 2020 update. This is on a Windows 7 computer. It reported 15 new items and yet it reports 18,400 items.
I'm almost positive I have activex turned off in IE. About the only time I fire IE up is to test a site for someone having problems and posting in a forum.
I'm just wondering why it didn't report the 6 IE items.

I look again because I have 3 other computers to update.

I don't have Edge installed. I can't see the point since my days of surfing in Windows 7 are winding down. So I wonder why it is protecting a browser I don't have installed.
Chugging coffee and computing!

Digerati

I am not following what you are saying.

You said it found 15 new items but reports 18,400 items.

What 6 IE items are you talking about?

Why do you say it is protecting Edge?
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
2007 - 2018

plodr

I'm basing this on the last post here
https://www.landzdown.com/anti-spyware-software/re-spywareblaster-updates/

Added 21 new items:

6 NEW items (IE/ActiveX)

and      15 NEW items (Edge/Scripts)

for a total of 18,400 items in database

So I did the other three computers and they each reported only 6 new items and yet the total is 18,400 items in the database.
Chugging coffee and computing!

Digerati

Okay. I still don't know since I don't use that program. I note that other thread was just recently resurrected from the dead and I don't see where David got those numbers. Sorry.
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
2007 - 2018

Corrine

The thread wasn't resurrected, Bill.  Rather, as a new update is posted, the previous update is removed. 

Taking a very wild guess:  as to Edge being protected, perhaps it is because Edge can be installed on Windows 7 and (only) with IE Mode, Edge supports ActiveX.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Digerati

Ah! Thanks. I just saw the 6 year gap and jumped to the wrong conclusion again. Sorry about that.
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
2007 - 2018

Corrine

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.