Can't type in search.
Message-Group resource is not in correct state to perform the
requested operation.
I get a small display above the task bar. can't open in max
I've had this happen before and fixed it but don't remember
what I done. I've restored to an earlier date a couple times
No help there.

Corrine

Hi, johnson55. There are several things that you can try to fix the issue.

First, run System File Checker (SFC):
  • Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
  • When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
  • Enter the command below and press on Enter and wait for it to finish (~15 minutes).
sfc /scannow
If that doesn't solve the issue with Microsoft Edge, run Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM):
  • Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
  • When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
  • Enter the command below and press on Enter;
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • Let the scan run until the end (100%). Depending on your system, it can take some time.

Shutdown/restart the computer to see if that solved the problem.  If not, you will need to update the Network Adapter Driver

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

johnson55

scannow worked ok but no help there.
The Dism did not work
Got message in prompt
rhe online/cleanup-image/restorehealth option is for more information/refer to help by rund the dish log file can befounf
at c:windows/logc:windows/system32
Also i was wondering how to do the-network adapter driver

Corrine

If your computer is Windows 10 and you are up to date, apparently driver updates for Windows 10, including network adapters, are automatically downloaded and installed through Windows Update. To update your network adapter driver for Windows 11, first create a System Restore point and then follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list of options.
  • In the Device Manager window, locate the Network adapters category and click on the arrow to expand it.
  • Right-click on the network adapter you want to update and select Update driver.
  • In the Update Drivers window, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  • If Windows finds an updated driver, it will download and install it automatically.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

johnson55

I have W-10 so what do you suggest I do now that M-Edge
still isn't working.

Corrine

The message you posted about DISM was somehow messed up.  After a shutdown/restart, please try running DISM again.  Alternatively, you could back up your favorites and passwords and reinstall Microsoft Edge.  See the instructions here on how to back up favorites. 

Much like backing up favorites, you can follow the steps below to back up your passwords.  However, if you have an alternate browser, you can also import your favorites and passwords to that browser.
  • Open Microsoft Edge.
  • Click on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the window.
  • Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
  • Click on Profiles in the left pane.
  • Click on Passwords.
  • Click on the three dots next to Saved passwords.

After completing those steps, uninstall Microsoft Edge and download a new version from here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/download?form=MA13FJ

johnson55

I don't seem to be able to download stuff it says try again.
I tried to send a dism file from wordpad but not able to.
M- edge won't open.All I can get when I click on the browser
is small displays above task bar.

Corrine

Do you have an alternate browser?

johnson55

Corrine

I located a couple of things that may help solve the issue. 

First, repair Microsoft Edge as instructed below:
1. Open Start and select "Settings > Apps > Apps & features";
2. Look for Microsoft Edge and select it;
3. Select the "Modify" button;
4. At the confirmation screen, select "Repair".

If that doesn't work, try the suggestions here:  Fix: Microsoft Edge Not Opening in Full Screen

Let us know the results.

johnson55

I had more trouble with my computer. It quit completly.I got it going
and I used recovery to its original w-10. It's working good now.
Thanks for helping me try to fix the none opening microsoft -edge.

Corrine

I'm glad that worked.  However, that means you have a lot of security updates to install.  Also, keep in mind that Windows 10 version 21H2 reached end of service June 13, 2023.  Windows 10 version 22H2 will be supported until October 14,2025. 

To see if you computer can be upgraded to Windows 11, you can run the PC Health Check app.  Information is available here.