Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Update Discussions

Started by winchester73, May 21, 2014, 07:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winchester73

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.0.2.Build 1012

Improvements:
• Changed some of the terminology used in scan results and scan logs to make them clearer
• Enabling or disabling self-protection should now be more responsive under most circumstances
• Each language name is now listed in its native tongue rather than being translated to make switching languages easier
• Blank window is no longer observed flashing on screen during startup and shut down of system when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is running in the tray on
• Windows Vista and newer operating systems

Issues Fixed:
• Several crashes and BSOD issues fixed with rootkit scanning
• Scan speed improved with rootkit scanning enabled under some circumstances
• Rootkit scans should no longer hang indefinitely under certain conditions
• Compatibility issues with certain VPN client software fixed
• Protection no longer fails to start after upgrade under some circumstances when self-protection is active prior to upgrading
• Entire General Settings tab now responds to clicks correctly
• Several issues with Access Policy restrictions not restricting access as they should
• Editing the Access Policy password no longer results in restricted areas of the software being inaccessible when the correct password is entered
• Access Policy feature now functions when Bitdefender Total Security is installed
• Manual scan of individual files and folders using context menu scan feature in Explorer no longer results in the scan failing to run under certain circumstances
• Green checkmark status is no longer indicated when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is unable to reach update servers when attempting to update
• Text is no longer cutoff in the UI on Windows XP or when the 'Classic' theme is used on Windows 7
• Scan time is now reflected accurately at the end of a scan
• Quarantined objects remain listed correctly in Limited User Accounts when restoration of an object fails due to lack of permissions
• Some words in UI which were not translated into non-English languages now are when those languages are selected
• Driver left behind during uninstallation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is now removed as it should be when the product is uninstalled
• and much much more..

Download: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

pastywhitegurl

Can you run the installer without uninstalling the old version?

(I wish they would tell you this stuff upfront...)     Sometimes the new program will uninstall the old one as you run the installer...but I haven't found any instructions about it.

winchester73

Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

MikeW

Quote from: pastywhitegurl on May 21, 2014, 08:23:27 PM
Can you run the installer without uninstalling the old version?

(I wish they would tell you this stuff upfront...)     Sometimes the new program will uninstall the old one as you run the installer...but I haven't found any instructions about it.

Yes you can, or if you prefer you will get an automatic update within a day or two
Win 11 Home MS Edge - WD - Mbam Pro

pastywhitegurl

Automatic update sounds good.  I think I'll wait for that.

Corrine

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

siljaline

siljaline
MVPS Hosts . MBAM . Why ESET

plodr

Thanks for the link because I finally saw this
QuoteWe won't be enabling updates for current customers until early next week
I was wondering why an update was not being offered.
Chugging coffee and computing!

plodr

Ah, so that explains why MBAM scanned this morning before a scheduled scan, why WinPatrol popped up and why my computer rebooted!!!
I guess I must have looked at my notes and did not realize it was a different version.

plodr

Forget what I posted above. My version is still showing as 2.1.14.1018
and when you go to download 2.1.14 is offered.

Pierre75

It has not gone out for general release as yet but you can download it from the MBAM forum.  :thumbsup:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE -  DON'T FIX IT

hayc59

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.1.7.1055

Improvements:
• License key is now displayed on the My Account screen
• Remaining subscription duration now displayed on My Account screen
• Implemented other licensing improvements to clarify license status
• Enhanced protection capabilities of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Web Protection
• Numerous enhancements to prepare for full compatibility with Windows 10
• Enhanced Malwarebytes Chameleon's ability to fully restore Malwarebytes functionality when affected by a malware infection
• Updated data collection techniques to improve malware research and analysis
•Removed "Exclude" button on Website Blocked notification to reduce inadvertent allowing of malicious sites
• Updated button text on Malware Detected and Non-Malware Detected notifications to clarify meaning
• Added enhanced support for High DPI displays
• Enabled the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version to receive incremental database updates
• Added appropriate copyright notices and license statements for all third-party open source software
• Corrected translation errors for core non-English languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Polish)
• Added support for Chinese Traditional, which is provided as a convenience for our users by a community volunteer and is not an officially supported language
• Several improvements to malware detection and remediation capabilities
Issues Fixed:
• Reverted the temporary change in v.2.1.6 that disabled checking for updates prior to scheduled scans
• Fixed SDK Database load errors for error code 2 and 1812
• Removed obsolete "Terminate program when no threats are found" setting since scans now run from the tray application
• Fixed several crashes that could occur during scan and quarantine operations
• Fixed crash that occurred when clicking the Clear Policies link on Access Policies screen
• Fixed issue where "Show notification after successful update" setting was not properly retained during upgrade from v.2.1.4 to v.2.1.6
• Fixed issue where "Close notification" setting was not retained during upgrade from v. 2.1.4 to v.
2.1.6 if the user had changed that setting back to 7 seconds after installing v.2.1.4
• Fixed issue on the Quarantine screen where unselecting a quarantined item disabled the Delete and Restore buttons
• Fixed issue where incorrect program version was listed in the scan logs
• Disabled option to specify rootkit scanning as part of a Hyper scan
• Fixed issue in Windows 10 Tech Preview and Windows 8.1 where Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was unable to start in certain cases after self-protection was turned on
• Fixed issue where Malwarebytes Chameleon did not load properly on Windows XP SP3 in certain conditions
• Fixed issue which prevented Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.2.1.4 (and higher) from upgrading over certain Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v.1.75 consumer builds

Download: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

"The most beautiful flower loses her beauty one day, but a hard faithful friend an eternity"
"Beauty that is not hidden to deepest of my soul can be seen that with eyes of the heart"

'Never Forget'

ky331

The v2.1.7.1055  release being phased-in, and is temporarily limited to users updating internally from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.4 or greater --- they do NOT offer a direct download link to a separate installer at this time.   The intent is extend distribution quickly over the next week or so.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/169387-malwarebytes-anti-malware-update-to-217/

Corrine

Strange there isn't a separate installer yet.  I guess it is an attempt to prevent the download server from becoming overwhelmed.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.