WinPatrol.com down

Started by Gopher John, January 22, 2018, 10:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher John

I'm unable to reach Winpatrol.com this entire day.  Downforeveryoneorjustme is also unable to get a response. 

Digerati

Seems to be working now - but it very slow.
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
2007 - 2018

Pete!

It opens for me but takes an unusually long time.

Similarly, I picked one of my "startup" programs and checked it's "Plus" information, then I tended to my dog. When I got back the WinPatrol Program Information page was open.

Gopher John

Thanks for the replies.  I was able to visit the site just now.  It is a little slow.

Corrine

There were some posts in the WinPatrol Facebook group about not hearing back from the support at winpatrol email address.  I tried to go to the website and it was slow loading so checked and it is listed as down for everyone: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/winpatrol.com although after about 5 minutes, it did finally open, with each page click taking about the same amount of time or timing out.

I've sent Bret an email and will post and update when/if he responds.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

deleted3510

Quote from: Corrine on January 27, 2018, 01:38:02 AM
There were some posts in the WinPatrol Facebook group about not hearing back from the support at winpatrol email address.  I tried to go to the website and it was slow loading so checked and it is listed as down for everyone: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/winpatrol.com although after about 5 minutes, it did finally open, with each page click taking about the same amount of time or timing out.

I've sent Bret an email and will post and update when/if he responds.

Any word yet? I have sent 2 emails in the last couple months with no response. I figure he would, for certain, respond to you.  For years, I have had my money's worth with WinPatrol back in the Bill P days. Thanks, Bill, for the customer interaction and steady updates. I am moving on until/unless there is a response and program updates.

Corrine

Usually, Bret does respond fairly quickly.  I just sent a follow-up email so we'll see.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

deleted3510

Digerati

Yeah, it expired yesterday so could just be an oversight or an omen of things to come.

Wait and see.
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
2007 - 2018

Digerati

Hmmm, still no change. Does not look good.
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
2007 - 2018

plodr

I found this article
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-marlene-lowry-died-good-sam-flood-20170919-story.html
which mentions a son Bret of Largo.
That's where
the mailing address is
Ruiware, LLC
801 W. Bay Dr.
Suite #490
Largo, FL 33770

So if that was his mother, probably the last thing on his mind is WinPatrol.
Chugging coffee and computing!

Corrine

Good detective work, plodr.  Since Bret formerly worked for Sunbelt and Alex Eckelberry lives just a couple miles away, I have no doubt that was his mother.  What a terrible tragedy. :(

Corrine

As it turns out, I heard from Bret just a few minutes ago and the unfortunate thing is that Hurricane Irma hit them very hard and they are down to a skeleton crew. Bret assured me that the servers will remain running.

Digerati

A lot of sadness coming out of Florida these last few months.  :'(
Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
2007 - 2018

plodr

...and Texas.

My husband has been trying to locate someone in Texas for an 86 year old gentleman.
My husband called the apartment complex manager of the place the missing couple used to live and got no answer. He figured that complex is gone.
He did find a different mailing address (same phone number but never an answer on that phone number). He suggested they send a postcard or note to find out if this is where the couple had to re-locate.
Chugging coffee and computing!