Is this LzD Forum Security Alert Legitimate?

Started by dee_can, August 11, 2012, 04:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dee_can

I just wanted to make sure this was legitimate. I was reading different posts at this forum about malware problems other people are having, and for the first time a 'Security Alert' msg popped up on the page. It said "You are about the view pages over a secure connection. Any information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed by anyone else on the (web) - (not sure if that was the word that was used, 'internet' or 'web'). Foolishly I clicked on 'OK', but the msg didn't disappear. That's why I thought I shouldn't have clicked it on. Lesson number one in 'how to get malware'?

Either this wasn't a real message, or I'm not supposed to be reading information about other people's computers?

Thanks. dee_can

Corrine

Hi, dee_can.

First, rest assured, that LzD is safe.  Did you get that message before or after running ComboFix?  Are you referring to this page:  "So how did I get infected in the first place?" © Tony Klein

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

dee_can

I didn't start getting the msg until after using ComboFix. It's the same sort of msg box you get from Windows when you are, for instance, installing a program, etc. The boxes with the 'ok' button option and the 'more info' button at the bottom that you can click on. It also had the 'x' box in the upper right corner to close the msg. None of the options worked so I ctrl/alt/deleted/ended task to get out. Then when I tried to read another topic, the same box popped up so I couldn't read the posts in the thread, and the only way to get off of the page was ctrl/alt/delete/end task. Strange, so I thought I would check to see if this was 'normal'. Thanks Corrine.

Corrine

Thanks, dee_can. 

We'll see if it continues after the next run of ComboFix. 

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.