Please unban my IP address

Started by DevDream, January 06, 2022, 08:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevDream

Hi... I'm really sorry. I really wanted to start over and I was just having banter though I don't think that Corrine saw it that way. I had to create a new account though cos winchester requested that I refrain from posting on the forums and banned me from sending PM's.

Please can my home IP address be unbanned, just so that I can browse the forums as a guest please?

winchester73

I think you are mistaken in your comments about me  8)

Explain again why you created a new username instead of using this existing one?  DevDream obviously hasn't been banned, since you can post ... and I blocked your ability to PM me, not everyone.  Your PMs and posts under the newly created account seemed to continue the behavior that caused difficulty for you 5 years ago.

https://www.landzdown.com/internet/can-network-admins-see-what-you-do-online/msg189858/#msg189858
https://www.landzdown.com/landzdown-lounge/pchelpforum-net/msg189864/#msg189864
Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

DevDream

Oh okay sorry about that. I think I misunderstood. Maybe you said refrain from posting silly comments and I somehow misread that.
Actually I don't have the ability to PM anyone. The send PM bar doesn't even show under messages. And I can't message anyone.

What behaviour do you mean ? I feel like I don't even understand what behaviour is causing me problems, besides me when I messaged everyone 5 years ago hounding everyone about the past.

I found that post funny - I like my puns. My sense of humour contradicts most ppl's

Corrine

Based on the PMs you sent me, you can consider yourself lucky that, at least for now, this account isn't banned.  

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

DevDream

The only reason to create a new account is for anonymity.
For one of 2 reasons, please assume always:
a. I get embarrassed with my reputation and want to start over
b. I lose track of my 100 usernames and therefore create a new one

I obviously haven't forgotten as I'm currently logged in, therefore ruling option b out.

And with regards to option a, ironically enough my posting style and behaviour seem to give me away to everyone every single time. And it's been getting ridiculous tbh.

So I'm trying to what you want and expect from me

DevDream

Quote from: Corrine on January 06, 2022, 09:44:11 PM
Based on the PMs you sent me, you can consider yourself lucky that, at least for now, this account isn't banned. 

A scrooge isn't a serious term. You saw it as banter didn't you?

winchester73

Quote from: DevDream on January 06, 2022, 08:43:42 PM
just so that I can browse the forums as a guest please?

You can browse as a guest without logging in.

QuoteMaybe you said refrain from posting silly comments and I somehow misread that.

Based on the above posts, your option A concerns are well founded.
Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

DevDream

Quote from: winchester73 on January 06, 2022, 09:50:37 PM
Quote from: DevDream on January 06, 2022, 08:43:42 PM
just so that I can browse the forums as a guest please?

You can browse as a guest without logging in

My IP address is banned
and I cannot PM anyone.

I kindly request you to check your admin panel

DevDream

And I'm trying to understand what you expect from me

I tend to laugh at things that most people don't
@Corrine I hope you realised it was banter and done in good fun. I'm like that with everyone - perhaps on technical forums, I need to adapt and take a more serious tone?

winchester73

The IP address for DevDream is NOT banned, if it were you wouldn't be able to log in or post.

You abuse the PM system, and that function will not be restored.

The IP address for the switch_gamer account you created IS banned, and that decision will not be reviewed.

As for all of your other comments, please read and review the two threads here regarding this forum: https://www.landzdown.com/welcome-to-the-landzdown-forum/

DevDream

I am using my 4G connection to post, rather than my home IP.
I'll message you the IP address with a new account.... or do I need to message you the IP address? I'd rather not create a new account just for that!
If you could please look into it

And thanks for allowing me to stay here and I'll respect your decision about the PM system, though I'd just like to understand why you feel my messages to Corrine was an abuse of the system? And also why my thread was deleted? I don't necessarily know what other members will find funny and what not - I'm aware I have a strange sense of humour.

@Corrine I was just having banter with you when I called you a scrooge.

DevDream

The IP address for switch_gamer is banned

winchester73

Quote from: DevDream on January 06, 2022, 10:14:07 PM
The IP address for switch_gamer is banned

I believe that is what I said in my last post.

This is my last post in this thread. Tread carefully, the ice is thin.

DevDream

DevDream

As I say however, I don't believe the word scrooge is a serious term as it's quite commonly used within friendly banter. I don't consider that to be unkind

With reference to the "be kind and civil - no name calling" rule.
Where's the boundary between what's considered banter and what's considered offensive?