orillia3

Started by orillia3, September 11, 2015, 06:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orillia3

Thanks for the welcomes.  I will chat here instead of the malwares thread.  I have not been around, too busy doing contests and lobbying for acceptance of ebikes.  Since there is no longer any expectation of free dialup, or any free hi speed, a long time ago I went pay, then hi speed.  I am not even sure modern computers tolerate dialup at all.  I had a bout of prostate cancer, seems to be in remission after taking it out and radiation, and a recurrence of some skin cancer, thankfully not the agressive kind, but left a huge scar on my nose after Moh's surgery.  Lost my mom who passed away in '08, the year I was doing radiation, that was not a good year all around.  Right now I am just trying to stay under the radar, trying to make ends meet like most people, on a meagre pension.  Finally got too old for ODSP and graduated to old age pension, not much better really, except do not have to justify my existence to some unsympathetic beuracrats who continually act as if I was going to suddenly get better.  Could use a lottery win, but then so could we all I suppose, get tired of pinching pennies, although Canada got rid of those, so not sure what I am pinching now. 

Corrine

Old Long time friend, you can post (almost) anywhere.  :) 

Most of us have been giving our old haunt a wide berth.  The old place isn't like it used to be.  Fortunately, we've been able to keep in touch in another venue. 

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

techie

I remember you were dealing with cancer and I was worried, that we hadn't heard from you in awhile. I remember you saying your mother was ill. Sorry to here about this.

I'm glad to see you up and posting. 8)

The old site like Corrine said is just not to user friendly anymore. That was pretty much the only forum I ever used. Corrine brought me here, so you can blame it on her :P

Corrine

I'm happy to take credit for bringing Techie and other friends here -- and there are quite a few.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

v_v

As techie said it is good to see you up and running.  A few of us did indeed wonder what happened to you.  I had thought, "well he has moved on to broadband so maybe he has no incentive to hang around "our old haunt" anymore."  Now I know that at least I was partially right, but I am saddened to hear that you have been dealing with the loss of family members and serious health issues.  My belated condolences and best wishes.

This is the new haunt so make yourself at home.  As techie said Corrine has dragged a lot of us over here so to repeat his words, "blame it on her!"  (Or give praise for that matter!  {Smile})  [Now I see that she is happy to take the blame credit!  {More smile}]

The old haunt still exists but the 'acting parent' appears to be intent on 'filicide.'  If you examine some of the more recent posts there of the last two or three months or so you will see what Corrine, techie, and myself are referring to.

At any rate it is good to hear from you and to know that at least your are still alive and kicking and "trying to make ends meet like most" of the rest of us.

Persevere.

Canukistan lives!

v_v
Justice, Equity, and Meaningful, Productive, and Fulfilling Lives to All Earthlings

plodr

Corrine didn't have to drag me. I came willingly because I wanted a place where I could actually discuss a broad range of programs and not be censored by a narrow-minded webmaster.

Those of us who have lived a few years all have lost some family and friends and are now facing health issues. All I can say is stay positive and healthy!
Chugging coffee and computing!

orillia3

Not sure what filicide is, xxxcide usually involves killing of some sort.  I have lost about 35 lbs, was having borderline diabetes readings and blood pressure creaping up, they seem to have settled down with the weight loss, I think as one ages your metabolism changes.  I have been fighting with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome half my adult life now, and as a result am not very active, so the weight gain was gradual over time.

I am still single, and do miss companionship sometimes, especially after my mom passed away, we sort of looked after each other.

I did find a place to hang out for a long time, frugalshopper.ca a contest, shopping, coupons site that had a large active community.  Unfortunately the owner seemed to drop off the face of the earth and abandoned the site, the forum is just spam now essentially, such a shame. I made a few online friends there over time that I still communicate with on Facebook.  I am Facebook friends with Corrine, so seem to have kept up with the highlights of her personal life parts that she is willing to share.

I tried setting up a similar site so the friends could resume, but kept getting too many errors, and the whole thing was really too time consuming,and I simply do not have the time and energy.   

Pierre75

Feel free to join me on Facebook. I know how you feel and am sure my friends (mainly family) will make you very welcome. I live in Australia on the coast just north of Sydney. Just send me a PM if you are interested.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE -  DON'T FIX IT

v_v

orillia3,

In the context of the sentence "but the 'acting parent' appears to be intent on 'filicide,' the word "Filicide is the deliberate act of a parent killing their own child."  So if you apply the phrase "active parent" to the 'owner' our old haunt the picture should become clearer.

As a humorous aside, for those once/still related to the "old haunt", at least a couple of my posts recommending that members come over to Landzdown and re-post their questions here were deleted yesterday!  Apparently the "active parent" is becoming even more "intent" and "deliberate."

v_v
Justice, Equity, and Meaningful, Productive, and Fulfilling Lives to All Earthlings

plodr

Quoteat least a couple of my posts recommending that members come over to Landzdown and re-post their questions here were deleted yesterday!
You have to send them PMs. I don't think Al has deleted any PMs - yet.
Chugging coffee and computing!

v_v

plodr,

Yes, that is exactly what I did this morning.  Maybe instead of saying "active parent" perhaps a better phrasing would be "malignant parent!"

Corrine

Seeing as how jaycharles has joined us, the list of "regulars" is growing.  It seems that Bruce and Boz only visit there on occasion. Most of the others have "wandered off".  Sambrone, Digger, DaveG, hilltown, nevadacrab. . .

orillia3

I have lost at last count about 36 lbs in the last couple years, was getting borderline diabetic readings and my blood pressure was creeping up (hi blood pressure seems to run in the family but so far had been spared).  Finally squeezed into a waist 40 jeans with little difficulty the other day, a feat not done for many years.  Still according to the BMI charts I am still overweight, could drop another 20 lbs, although that will probably not happen any time soon. 

The ticket I had the options of guilty and pay, guilty and see the Justice of the Peace and throw myself on her mercy about the fine, or go to court.  I feel I am not guilty so will have to go to court.  Awaiting now a court date, never been before, but there is a principal at stake.

Lost.

Some of us are there just a little Wiser :-\
Choose Kindness and Laugh Often