Linux Mint - Cinnamon

Started by Ritzy, November 15, 2021, 07:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ritzy

Im not sure if you have anyone who deals specifically with Linux machines, its what I run these days. I just wanted to know if anyone is aware of issues with FireFox and the latest release of Mint.
Sorry if its not appropriate to use this site for Linux issues.

Thanks
Denise

Corrine

Hi, Denise.

There are a few Linux users here.  I'll message Pete! and see if he has any suggestions.  If note, you could try Scot's Newsletter forum which has a large Linux user base, although I searched the forum and the most recent Linux Mint thread there is about the update to version 20.2.  Pete! is a member there as well.

It would be helpful if you would reply with examples of any issues you've run into with Firefox, including which version update you're using.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Ritzy

Hi Corrine

Thanks so much for responding. Im running Firefox 94.0 (64 bit) on Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon (version 5.0.7)

I have a Stack trace crash report is anyone is able to read that and get an idea of what if going on. It crashes two or three times a day, Friday it was five times.

Thanks for your help, as always it is very much appreciated.

Denise

Pete!

Although I am a Firefox user, I don't use Linux, so I can't be much help.

Although, I cannot recommend an expert, I believe the chances of finding one are better at Scot's than here.
https://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/

Corrine

Thanks, Pete!

Denise, because all new accounts require Admin approval, please register with the same username, Ritzy.  That way, I can let the other Admins know and if I'm not online, one of the other Admins can approve your account.  As you'll see, the Linuz forum is here:  https://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?/forum/14-brunos-all-things-linux/.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Ritzy

Thank you both I very much appreciate your attention. I will go ahead and register at scots and use the same username.

Again
Thank you

lewmur

Quote from: Ritzy on November 16, 2021, 10:34:39 AM
Hi Corrine

Thanks so much for responding. Im running Firefox 94.0 (64 bit) on Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon (version 5.0.7)

I have a Stack trace crash report is anyone is able to read that and get an idea of what if going on. It crashes two or three times a day, Friday it was five times.

Thanks for your help, as always it is very much appreciated.

Denise
I'm running the latest Mint Cinnamon but I don't normally use Firefox.  I do have it but it is version 95.0.  I'll try running it for a while and see if it crashes.

edit: BTW, they have started an "All things Linux" section here on Landz.

Corrine

Ritzy followed my advice and posted at Scot's (Firefox Crashing on Linux OSÂș.  This was before Scot posted his Announcement and we opened the Linux forums here.

xrobwx71

I have the latest Mint on one of my test machines and the latest Firefox and it's working fine for me.