Problems with Malwarebytes

Started by mary3444, September 21, 2022, 03:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary3444

Today I tried to go on the computer & no matter what page I go on I get a message saying Website blocked due to malware. These are sites I go on everyday. What is wrong with Malwarebytes? How can I fix this? Thanks as always for the help
Mary

Pete!

Similarly... MBAM won't let me open any "Google" site (malware), and appears to be blocking Google components on other sites, (including this one) for the same reason.

I haven't attempted to override the block.

Pete!

Quote from: Pete! on September 21, 2022, 04:16:01 PMSimilarly... MBAM won't let me open any "Google" site (malware), and appears to be blocking Google components on other sites, (including this one) for the same reason.

I haven't attempted to override the block.

As soon as I posted the above, it stopped.
Have "Google News" open in another tab.

plodr

There was a bad database update in MBAM which blocked ALL google sites. I couldn't get to google drive, etc. Lots of popups and site blockages all to do with google.

I assume they might have pushed out a fix for this very bad aspect of MBAM.
Chugging coffee and computing!

Corrine

Yes, it is a false-positive.  Launch Malwarebytes and check for updates.  It solved the issue for me.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

mary3444

I was so glad it was not just me. Not knowing much about the computer that would have been a problem. I want to thank Corrine as I did what you said & it solved the problem.

Everyone on here are always so helpful when I have any kind of problem.

ThanksMary

Corrine

You're welcome, Mary.  I'm glad we are here to help you when you need it.  Take care. 

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.