Daylight Saving Time Arrives Sunday in the States

Started by Corrine, March 10, 2018, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrine

From Time zone update for the Kingdom of Morocco – Microsoft Daylight Saving Time & Time Zone Blog:

Microsoft is aware of the upcoming time zone change for the Kingdom of Morocco. Morocco will remain permanently on UTC+01:00, instead of the previous plan of returning to UTC+00:00 on October 28, 2018.

Our official policy statement can be found at http://microsoft.com/time.

Though we plan to release a data update, there is insufficient lead time before this change goes into effect. Therefore, we are offering the following interim guidance as a temporary workaround until such an update can be properly created, tested, distributed, and installed.

Interim Guidance:

Until an update is made available, we recommend our customers temporarily switch to time zone "(UTC+01:00) West central Africa" as soon as possible. Selecting this time zone will reflect the correct current local time, but will not be correct for past events that occurred when Morocco was using UTC+00:00.  Therefore, we recommend returning to "(UTC+01:00) Casablanca" after the aforementioned update is applied.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

Corrine

I've mentioned m3Sweatt before in this thread on Daylight Saving Time.  Since we turn our clocks back here tonight, I thought it was appropriate that m3Sweatt posted his thoughts about DST.  Since it is a very long collection of Tweets, I used "Spooler" to put the thread together.  If you're interested in reading it, click the link below and allow a few seconds for the thread to be collected in a "blog-type" collection:
A thread by M3 Sweatt

Great question, raised again in the @seattletimes article by @frankkummer on the point of Daylight Saving Time. It's the economics and politics

Click here --> https://tinysubversions.com/spooler/?url=https://twitter.com/m3sweatt/status/1058828572285001728

Edit Note:  mm3Sweatt saw my Tweet using the Spooler and went ahead and posted it as a blog post here:  Your questions: It's time to "Fall Back" again in North America. What's the point of DST? – Satisfy Me

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

DR M

Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Corrine

plodr

For the US is starts on March 10, 2019 so 2 weeks.

This is the easier change. I have candles at every window and need to reset 14 timers as well as all the clocks.
Chugging coffee and computing!

DR M

DST is running now in US.  You didn't mention it.  :)

Two more weeks for Europe (31.3. and not 24.3. as I thought). But the forum's clock shows the local time one hour ahead from now.
Grecian Geek

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Corrine

I'm still trying to adjust to the time change.  My system is definitely not adapting this to the time change.

techie

I just live in the wrong time, I always hate the change, maybe i need to move a couple over ;D

Aaron Hulett

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease can we leave it forward and be done...

Corrine

Yes, yes, yes!  It is way past leaving it behind.

Corrine

It is that time to spring ahead again.  Daylight Saving Time arrives in the U.S. Sunday, March 8, 2020, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned forward 1 hour.

When will it end?

DR M

Grecian Geek

Pierre75

IF IT AIN'T BROKE -  DON'T FIX IT

pastywhitegurl

Another really good reason to move to Arizona.

I hear congress is considering ditching the seasonal change. Not sure if the bill keeps standard time or just makes it daylight savings forever.

Pete!

My grandfather always kept his watch set to standard time.
Of he had to show up "early" to accommodate others, he would do so.

Most aircraft operators observe UTC, it's within about 1 second of mean solar time at 0° longitude, and never observes Daylight Saving Time. It keep things from getting confused when lives may depend on good timing.