Facebook today..log-in...FISHY?

Started by hayc59, September 15, 2016, 06:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayc59

I am trying to log-in to face book and it stating I may have malware and I have been compromised
ran MBAM and another one and I am clean..whats up?
they also want me to download TrendMicro  scanner..until I do this!

"The most beautiful flower loses her beauty one day, but a hard faithful friend an eternity"
"Beauty that is not hidden to deepest of my soul can be seen that with eyes of the heart"

'Never Forget'

Corrine

Are you attempting to log in from a saved bookmark, typing the URL in the address bar or from a link?

Facebook Integrates Trend Micro’s HouseCall to Fight Online Threats -
QuotePotentially infected users are identified and notified by Facebook with the option to download the free version of HouseCall, which will check for and remove malware. HouseCall will begin its scan on affected accounts of users who choose to download the scanner, and users will be able to continue using Facebook while the scan takes place. Once the scan is complete, a message will alert users if the cleanup was successful or unsuccessful. [bold added]

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

hayc59

"The most beautiful flower loses her beauty one day, but a hard faithful friend an eternity"
"Beauty that is not hidden to deepest of my soul can be seen that with eyes of the heart"

'Never Forget'

Corrine

I'm curious to see what happens when you try a different browser.  If you still can't log on, you may have not alternative but to use the TM scan.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

hayc59

Is this legite..because it wont let me use facebook unless i run that file??

'Never Forget'

Corrine

Yes.  Did you see the link I posted above?

hayc59

Yes and ran the unwanted scan and all is good..for now thank you

'Never Forget'