Eclipse On August 21

Started by Paddy, August 07, 2017, 12:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

On August 21,there will be a total eclipse of the sun right across the US.
The last time that occurred over what is now America was in 1257,so I'm sure there's
a lot of excitement over this coming event, so that being said are my friends across the
pond looking forward to this All-American eclipse.

Paddy...   :)
This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever - Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.

techie

My wife is already looking for a specific welders plastic lens that makes it safe to watch it.

She really is I will join in on the fun.

Paddy

this is what I seen techie back in 1999 ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBIyYCdwX1k

And your wife's right to use a welding lens that's what I did
by doing so its safe...

Over here in the uk there was and awaful lot of people who did awful damage to ther eyes by looking direct at it..

Paddy... ;)
This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever - Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.

plodr

If she can't find that, make her a pinhole projector.
https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/make-pinhole-projector.html
or
get fancier and make a box projector
https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/box-pinhole-projector.html

I'm avoiding buying solar viewing glasses. There are just to many scams out there. It isn't worth damaging my eyes to discover that the glasses were fakes.
Chugging coffee and computing!

techie

darksurfer

I got my special sunglasses and I will be photographing, so I got a filter for that.  8) :D

I am loaded for bear. :)

techie

The extended forecast calls for a cloudy day here. To far out to know, for sure. My luck it will be cloudy and rain ;)

Corrine

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

techie

We did get to see about a 92% eclipse view live, not a 100% from our location. My daughter and I shared a pair of glasses.

techie

Not a cloud in the sky 100% clear here.

GR@PH;<'S

I hope those that have seen the eclipse enjoyed it and safely

GR@PH;<'S

press Enter then have a Brandy then if the problem is still there have another Brandy
Q: does it work
A: It does seem to for a few hours at least.

Pete!

The local "maximum" (something less than total") in northern New Jersey was at 2:44 EDT.

At 2:30 the Sun was out.
At 2:55 the Sun was out.
At 2:44 a passing cloud provided me with a fool proof "filter".

If I hadn't been for all the hype, I would have attributed the lower light level to the cloud. All the people who went to the library to watch with the free glasses, must have been overjoyed. They should have just watched the NASA website.