A new friend needs help...

Started by DR M, August 26, 2017, 04:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR M

Quote from: Corrine on August 28, 2017, 05:40:45 PM
The normal path for the Chrome extension ObviousIdea does not have a URL accompanying it.  I suggest uninstalling that extension and if Chara still wants it try reinstalling it from the Google Store.

CHR Extension: (ObviousIdea) - C:\Users\Chara\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\fnefekibahpibgnllfjpckodgobkpije [2014-09-23] [UpdateUrl: hxxp://www.obviousidea.us/pa/chrome-updates/] <==== ATTENTION => Error: No automatic fix found for this entry.

No Google Chrome in the computer. Only IE, Edge and Pale Moon.
Grecian Geek

"Count your blessings, remember your prayers..."

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

DR M

Corrine,

No screensaver any more.
The problem with start up right click items is solved. I used shellxview and the solution provided in a comment here: https://superuser.com/questions/948985/why-does-my-winx-menu-not-open-anything
I have to return the computer by tomorrow night... Is there anything left behind, to try tomorrow morning?

Grecian Geek

"In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.. You, only you, will have stars that can laugh..."

Corrine

The only thing remaining is cleaning up.  Please download Delfix from here.

Ensure the following boxes are checked:
  • Remove disinfection tools
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge system restore

• Click Run
I won't need to see the log.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

DR M

THANK YOU, MRS CORRINE (CHARA, SAID)!!!

THANK YOU, DEAR CORRINE (I SAY)!!!!

Grecian Geek