CalamityJane, Gone but not forgotten

Started by Corrine, March 14, 2016, 08:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrine

You never know what the day will bring and today brings sad news.  onDvine stumbled across the news that Janie passed away December 25, 2015. 

Janie Whitty, known in the world of security as CalamityJane, was an inspiration to myself and others starting out in the security community.  She spent tireless hours on various tech forums helping remove malware.  Janie was a Microsoft MVP in Windows - Security from 2003-2009.  I followed her posts and learned so much from her.  That I was awe-struck by her dedication is nothing compared to the jaw-dropping shock when Janie nominated me as a Microsoft MVP.   

May her red hat never be forgotten .

Jane Martin Whitty
Jane Martin Whitty - Tribute Video

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

onDvine

Thank you for the beautiful tribute to her.

I met Jane at DSLR about 10 years ago and we became friends. She, Mary (mers2) and Lisa (lilhurricane) convinced me to join the Security Updates Committee there. Jane disappeared after early 2012 and I've tried to find her from time to time for the past couple of years. Sadly, today I succeeded and shared what I'd learned with her many other friends at DSLR and with Corrine, here at LandzDown.

Again, rest in peace, Jane. My heartfelt condolences to your family and friends.

Joyce aka jayzzz

winchester73

RIP Janie.  I remember many chats with her in a former lifetime. The sky is crying  :'(
Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member

hayc59

Wow..what a great lose..R.I.P. C.J.
Taught me a thing or two and I will never forget that

"The most beautiful flower loses her beauty one day, but a hard faithful friend an eternity"
"Beauty that is not hidden to deepest of my soul can be seen that with eyes of the heart"

'Never Forget'

Metallica

If it weren't for CJ a lot of people would never have joined the force of helpers. She was an inspiration and a recruiter.

And she helped me when I was struggling which I'll never forget.  RIP

GR@PH;<'S

It is always sad to hear of lost friends

Hammy
press Enter then have a Brandy then if the problem is still there have another Brandy
Q: does it work
A: It does seem to for a few hours at least.

Pierre75

What a loss. She taught me a lot and still every now and again I wondered what happened to her.

RIP Janie. Thank you for your guidance and wisdom.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE -  DON'T FIX IT

hayc59

The video is so cool thank you Corrine

"The most beautiful flower loses her beauty one day, but a hard faithful friend an eternity"
"Beauty that is not hidden to deepest of my soul can be seen that with eyes of the heart"

'Never Forget'

siljaline

I think Jane and me first chatted way back when MS NEWS was still on NNTP   Last I read via the MS MVP Alum mailing list she had retired to Florida. 

siljaline
MVPS Hosts . MBAM . Why ESET

Profixer

Didn't have any contact with Jane after I was booted out from Lavasoft, but very saddened to hear the news. Worked with her a lot back in 2006 before she started to work for LS. Very knowledgable, very professional, tireless helper. Will be missed by many

:(
My sarcasm knows no bounds