"Daily Reply" NEVER HAPPENS

Started by LoneWanderer, August 27, 2016, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneWanderer

Corrine,

Had my selection set to "Daily Reply" so the number of email is kept low so I could concentrate on repairing and restoring my system.  Have NOT received any notifications on any of my postings.  Am attempting to visit here as often as possible, still have other issues to deal with on my computer so these visit is not as I would like.

Just changed that selection to "Moderators and Daily" or words to that effect.
TIA, CU L8R,
"Lone Wanderer"
Dell OptiPlex 960/w Win7 Professional SP1 64bit; FireFox v52.x x86; WP, WPFW, WPWAR & more
"Do not follow me, Not a leader; Do not walk ahead of me, Not a follower; Walk WITH me, We will get through this life as ONE!"

plodr

At the top of your post, there is a button that says "Notify". You need to select it for every thread you wish to be notified about a reply. You will be notified daily but only to those threads you select.

Or if you don't want to click notify at the top of every thread, see if the 2nd item is enabled in your profile.
Chugging coffee and computing!

LoneWanderer

Quote from: plodr on August 28, 2016, 08:39:59 PM
At the top of your post, there is a button that says "Notify". You need to select it for every thread you wish to be notified about a reply. You will be notified daily but only to those threads you select.

Or if you don't want to click notify at the top of every thread, see if the 2nd item is enabled in your profile.
plodr,

Strange, situation even for this area, there is NOT a "Notify" button, only "UNNOTIFY" and not being aware of this feature did not select that plus there are NOT any emails being sent to me for this thread nor any other posted.  Corrine sent me a email by way of sending a PM, there was an email for that function.

In my Profile/Notifications all three are checked note below:

Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email.
Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

What else is there?
TIA, CU L8R,
"Lone Wanderer"
Dell OptiPlex 960/w Win7 Professional SP1 64bit; FireFox v52.x x86; WP, WPFW, WPWAR & more
"Do not follow me, Not a leader; Do not walk ahead of me, Not a follower; Walk WITH me, We will get through this life as ONE!"

plodr

If you see unnotify then you are "subscribed" to the thread. I do see unnotify in two sections of my profile at the bottom but not at the top of threads.

Seems your email notices are not being sent or not being received. Have you checked the spam folder?
Chugging coffee and computing!

LoneWanderer

plodr,

Excuse me for not being back often, am working with some other software as well as attempting to keep my system fully operational with this garbage being installed by MicroBarf that is keeping my system's H/D and Wireless connection constantly active.  That is another subject that is under process at this time under a different thread.

'unnotify' is displayed both Top and Bottom, also my SPAM folder is monitored at all times, still not getting my 'Daily' notifications.  Do get them on "PMs" though.  Plus there are eleven (11) posts of mine or another listed under my profile yet NONE have been sent to my email addy.
TIA, CU L8R,
"Lone Wanderer"

Corrine

I subscribed to your topic, nmap by Fyodor, and received an email notice when Digerati replied.  Since you receive notices of PMs, you shouldn't have a problem with email notices for subscribed topics.  Try changing the settings to "Instantly" and see if that makes a difference.  I used the "Instantly - but only for the first unread reply" when subscribing to the referenced topic.

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

LoneWanderer

Greetings from the Great Country of Texas,

Am receiving the "Instantly" but not the "Daily" so guess we will just live with that.

THANK YOU for setting me straight
TIA, CU L8R,
"Lone Wanderer"

Corrine

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.